Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jul 14, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Friday'sChild
Imagineer

Friday'sChild's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
So this is the second attraction/ride to revert to this system (A&E)

I must admit I quite like the idea of it, but wonder how its going to pan out in practice

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic7748_13.gif
Friday'sChild is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Bella1 View Post
So I can turn up in the morning and use my FP+, then when the queue gets too long I can get a legacy FP and get another go later without a line.

But if I arrived in the park in the afternoon instead and all the FPs have been handed out I can't even make the decision to stand in a very long queue even if it is the one and only thing I want to do in the whole of Epcot?

The legacy FP was so much better!
I agree I hate they are taking away the option of arriving late and choosing to queue!
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
So I can turn up in the morning and use my FP+, then when the queue gets too long I can get a legacy FP and get another go later without a line.

But if I arrived in the park in the afternoon instead and all the FPs have been handed out I can't even make the decision to stand in a very long queue even if it is the one and only thing I want to do in the whole of Epcot?

The legacy FP was so much better!
Originally Posted by Firstxmastrip View Post
I agree I hate they are taking away the option of arriving late and choosing to queue!
I agree.

I don't really like the way this is heading tbh. I can see this leading to reservation only rides - which I am totally against. I can see why Disney think it may be more attractive to not have guests queueing for long periods and have them out shopping/eating. But how much food do they think people eat? And I'm personally only going to buy what I'm going to buy anyway.

If I choose to turn up at a park and want to do a ride when the SB queue is 3 hours then that is my choice to queue.

While I like the idea of FP+ I don't want to get to the stage where to ride anything in a park I have to have made a reservation for it!

Di x

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
figment05
Very Serious Dibber

think about it the return time system should be no different to waiting in the Q. As once the Q is full I would expect the first return to Q time would be 30mins more then the current wait time. So as long as they track that people don't have more then one SRT (standby return ticket) I can see how this would work. One question is what happens if the Q drop back below the maximum do they just let people start to Q as normal. If so then that could mean someone who turns up at 10:30 could get a 1pm return but someone who turns up at 11 could just be allowed to Q.

Lets see how it pans out.

I'm sure if it works they will start to use the magic band or ticket to add this extra item to your reservations. And as long as they leave it as an attraction only activated item I'm not complaining.
But will be very interesting to see what happens if they extend to test track as well and when you turn up neither have any SRT's left and so you can not ride at all. That would start to give a lot of dissatisfaction.
figment05 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
All these weird systems are going to be daunting to first timers. As if fast pass plus wasn't a faff enough, now this. It is all getting too complicated imo.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Unless I'm missing something, surely this just means you don't need to stand in a long, boring queue for hours on end at busy times? If the park is quiet, then you'll just join the queue as usual, if it's really busy, then instead of standing in line for 2 hours, you can come back 2 hours later and join a much shorter queue - sounds like a good deal to me

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
Unless I'm missing something, surely this just means you don't need to stand in a long, boring queue for hours on end at busy times? If the park is quiet, then you'll just join the queue as usual, if it's really busy, then instead of standing in line for 2 hours, you can come back 2 hours later and join a much shorter queue - sounds like a good deal to me
. Except now the choice to do that is taken away. Just like some people will wait 3 hours to see HP, I was more than willing to stand in line for 50 mins early in the morning to do Soarin. Now once that early line fills to 30 mins, which it does quickly, I will have to line up elsewhere to get a return ticket, come back later and line up for more than likely 30 minutes to get in. Would rather line up the 50 minutes at start of day and get it all over with in one go, instead of messing around coming and going, lol ... it is always crowded when we go, never a quite time really.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by merrygoround View Post
. Except now the choice to do that is taken away. Just like some people will wait 3 hours to see HP, I was more than willing to stand in line for 50 mins early in the morning to do Soarin. Now once that early line fills to 30 mins, which it does quickly, I will have to line up elsewhere to get a return ticket, come back later and line up for more than likely 30 minutes to get in. Would rather line up the 50 minutes at start of day and get it all over with in one go, instead of messing around coming and going, lol ... it is always crowded when we go, never a quite time really.
I didn't think that they would shut the queue that early, I think it will probably be longer than that before it shuts but it is unclear.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post

I didn't think that they would shut the queue that early, I think it will probably be longer than that before it shuts but it is unclear.
I think they said when it gets to a 30 minute wait they will shut it. When we go at rope drop we will queue for around 15 minutes by the time we have hobbled there, lol .. and when we come out of the ride the wait time has gone up to 45 minutes or longer.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by merrygoround View Post
I think they said when it gets to a 30 minute wait they will shut it. When we go at rope drop we will queue for around 15 minutes by the time we have hobbled there, lol .. and when we come out of the ride the wait time has gone up to 45 minutes or longer.
So true, it is at 30 minutes within half an hour of opening! It will be back to criss-crossing the parks to get and use FP again. That is the only thing I like about FP+, no going backwards and forwards.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List