Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 15 Dec 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile Riviera - 150 pictures...

For those that are interested...

dvcnews/index.php/resort...rt/maps-photos
Old 16 Dec 19, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
zavandor
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Why is there a picture of London/Peter Pan behind the pull down bed in a Tower Studio? How does it fit with the French and Italian Riviera theme?
zavandor is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
Why is there a picture of London/Peter Pan behind the pull down bed in a Tower Studio? How does it fit with the French and Italian Riviera theme?
Good question! 🤷🏼

Tbh, I thought I would like the resort a lot more than I do. I think the main areas look too corporate and could be anywhere. I’ll have a good look around when I’m there next month but I’m not expecting to feel any different about it.
Old 16 Dec 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’m having a look around at the end of the week, it’s nice but I am quite disappointed. The pools in particular look poor- small, no landscaping etc. I did think they would blow it out if the park with this resort to counter the resale restrictions, points per night and location (I have been to have a look at the location summer 2018 when the skeleton was up, and posted on here then I wasn’t impressed with location- close to the main road. And it’s just weird we have this French themed resort with the music etc, looking at Caribbean Beach.)
However, I could be totally wrong as the atmosphere often makes the resort, and that doesn’t come across on videos or photos. I may still love it when I’ve visited. I’ll report back, maybe with a video. I do very much like the rooms though.
It’s not that it’s not nice, of course it’s nice, but currently I have no desire to stay there.

Edited at 10:05 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’m having a look around at the end of the week, it’s nice but I am quite disappointed. The pools in particular look poor- small, no landscaping etc. I did think they would blow it out if the park with this resort to counter the resale restrictions, points per night and location (I have been to have a look at the location summer 2018 when the skeleton was up, and posted on here then I wasn’t impressed with location- close to the main road. And it’s just weird we have this French themed resort with the music etc, looking at Caribbean Beach.)
However, I could be totally wrong as the atmosphere often makes the resort, and that doesn’t come across on videos or photos. I may still love it when I’ve visited. I’ll report back, maybe with a video. I do very much like the rooms though.
It’s not that it’s not nice, of course it’s nice, but currently I have no desire to stay there.
I will be interested in your views so look forward to that.

The photos look nice but I'm not blown away. We all have our favourites and we also have those we don't view in the same light.
Riviera fits in the latter category for me.
Poor location.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Looking forward to reading your review!
Old 16 Dec 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m just glad there are finally some pictures. I don’t have the patience for the video walkthroughs! I don’t see how anyone can spend that long pointing a camera at a wardrobe. :-) YouTube makes it really tricky to skim through to see if there’s anything of interest in there so I don’t usually make it past the first minute or two or self/channel promotion. :-)
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Old 16 Dec 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Old 17 Dec 19, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Finger’s crossed you will avoid some of the bad view rooms, I just saw some people complaining on Twitter.
Seems to be the rooms on the inset section, have basically a wall next to them outside. It seems (?) these are premium view rooms as well as they are at the front, but not sure.

Edited at 07:01 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List