Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 11 Dec 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nazzer
Excited about Disney

Disney 2 day ticket v 14 day ticket

We have been lucky and been Orlando a few times before.

My boys are now 10 & 15. We were looking at going to Hollywood studios just on the 2 day ticket as the next trip (Aug 2020) will be more Universal, St petes beach and other activities.

However when you compare the price of a 2 day ticket £275 each (for 4 people £1100) for £500 more you can get 14 days... anyone any hints or tips or is that literally the crux of it ?

TIA
Nazzer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

The UK 14 day deal is so good it pretty much blows other tickets out of the water. Single day tickets at the gate I think are around $109 plus tax per day so might be slightly cheaper than what you've found but not much in all honesty. The only way to get anything cheaper I've heard of is to do some timeshare presentation (they advertise at the mall) but it is a very long very aggressive sales pitch and personally I don't think its worth it. If you are going for 3-4 days in the park the 14 is always the cheaper option but with 2 I guess you save a little just probably not that much really.
Old 12 Dec 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Undercover tourist have a 2 day base ticket for $256 each. Would this work for you?
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

frst of all, you need to know how and when you'll do those 2 disney days

gone are the days when a US ticket would be valid for use over a 14 days period

if you get a 2 days US ticket, you will have 4 days to use it before it expires
so, for example, if you plan on doing one park the first week and one park the second week, the 2 days US ticket won't work, you'd need to get 2 sets of 1 day tickets, and pick the visit date in advance, or purchase at the gate.

the 14 days ticket includes waterparks and memory maker, as well as the hopping ability you would need to get on top if you so wished on the US ticket

all those extra perks would allow you to be more flexible and open new plans

so, it really depends on how, and when, you intend on visiting

if you don't need hopper, don't need waterparks, don't care about memory maker, and intend on doing both parks on consecutive days, then there is no real reason to go for 14 days UK tickets

if you fancy one of the perks above, then definitely think of a plan that would make great use of those perks, and maybe you'll conclude that those are the tickets you want

decisions ...
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WDW365
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I’d just go for the 14 day ticket and have the flex to pop in and out. So much new stuff in Hollywood Studios that I suspect you’ll want to go back after that first day.
WDW365 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
Undercover tourist have a 2 day base ticket for $256 each. Would this work for you?
As mentioned above, you can get a dated 2-Day Base ticket from UndercoverTourist for mid-August for around $256 (=£195) or a little less at the end of August. This is about £200 less per person than the 14-day ticket and could save you around £800.

If I was only thinking of spending two days at Disney then I'd save myself £800 and get the 2-Day Base ticket.

However, please note that you have to choose the day you want the ticket to start and it can only be used in a 4 day window (i.e. it expires 3 days after the first day). This can be a bit restrictive.

If you want ultimate flexibility to go whenever you want in any 14 day period then spend an extra £800 and get the 14-day tickets. You'll also get Memory Maker for free with those tickets too.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 06:01 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List