Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 22 May 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

My eldest has tried to get me to watch some of the things mentioned here too 😂 peaky blinders , narcos , I watched a few episodes of game of thrones and walking dead on his suggestion too but wasn’t that keen. Maybe the crown should be tried next .
Old 22 May 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
I fully expected to hate Elf and ended up loving it 😅 My partner almost refused to go and watch Paddington at the cinema based on the trailer, which made it look like a substandard kid’s film. We both loved it (cried multiple times!) and went to watch the sequel in the cinema too 🤩
I will admit to a secret liking of elf too but can’t bring myself to watch Paddington . That used to be a cartoon when I was growing up and I hated it - I should be more open minded 😀
Old 22 May 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
I loved the first 3 series of Sons of Anarchy. Then Kurt Sutter made some posts on Twitter which showed him to be a total hypocrite.
I loved Sons of Anarchy, what did Kurt Sutter say on Twitter that put you off it ?

I thought I’d hate Game of Thrones but got hooked. The biggest laugh for anyone who knows me though, is my obsession with the Discovery show Gold Rush, I went from telling OH to turn the boring rubbish off to absolutely loving it.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Edited at 10:20 AM.
Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
I loved Sons of Anarchy, what did Kurt Sutter say on Twitter that put you off it ?
It turns out that despite making his money from shows about guns, he wants their possession limited to what he calls 'the right people, i.e. not red-neck Republicans'. I asked if that wasn't a bit hypocritical given his history with the Wire and SoA glamorizing criminals and terrorists. His response was to call me, in polite terms, 'a pathetic little fornicating female genitalia'.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

It turns out that despite making his money from shows about guns, he wants their possession limited to what he calls 'the right people, i.e. not red-neck Republicans'. I asked if that wasn't a bit hypocritical given his history with the Wire and SoA glamorizing criminals and terrorists. His response was to call me, in polite terms, 'a pathetic little fornicating female genitalia'.
Wow, that is insulting the culture he writes about so wonderfully as well. Very odd.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Perhaps I’ve missed something, but are you saying you have to agree with and support the things you write about?

OP - we loved the Gentlemen and so revisited Snatch the following night. Snatch paled in comparison, and I’m sure Lock Stock would too!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Perhaps I’ve missed something, but are you saying you have to agree with and support the things you write about?

OP - we loved the Gentlemen and so revisited Snatch the following night. Snatch paled in comparison, and I’m sure Lock Stock would too!
I'm saying to me it was hypocritical of Kurt Sutter to get rich glorifying gun violence and terrorism while at the same time wanting to restrict legal firearms ownership only to those who shared his political views. YMMV

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

I'm saying to me it was hypocritical of Kurt Sutter to get rich glorifying gun violence and terrorism while at the same time wanting to restrict legal firearms ownership only to those who shared his political views. YMMV
Thanks for your response
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
The Crown.

I was expecting to HATE it and not make it 20 minutes into the first episode. I binge watched all 3 series in one go 😂. I am obsessed!
Same here. I don't normally like anything to do with the Royals but I love the Crown.

Oh and I actually really enjoyed the series Victoria as well 😁
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bal View Post
Normal People. Not normally my thing at all, but I have to say it’s outstanding, especially the acting. As smart as Arron Sorkins writing and I mean that as a huge compliment as is a big fan of newsroom, west wing etc.
Absolutely loved The West Wing
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List