Old layout 119 81.51%
New layout 27 18.49%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jun 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Have to say I was really confused this morning trying to find all the new posts - expect we will get used to it in time. Was just so easy to look down the list and click on what interested me before
Old 1 Jun 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Unfortunately you’ll find most people won’t like the new site as most don’t like change once they start finding there way around it will change. Until the next lot of changes
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by keith1973 View Post
Unfortunately you’ll find most people won’t like the new site as most don’t like change once they start finding there way around it will change. Until the next lot of changes
Yes, asking whether people prefer the "old site" (which they were used to and had grown accustomed to) or the "new site" (which they are unfamiliar with and not yet used to) is often going to get more people voting for the former rather than the latter.

It would be better for people to list the things they miss and for Stu/SMAX to see if they can accommodate those old features into the new format. For example, I'm sure it would be fairly simple to include the "New Posts" link somewhere that is more readily accessible (eg. in theDIBB Menu at the side of the main forum page).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:40 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Old for me. I liked the columns as it spread the information out more and I could just focus on the bits I wanted to look at. I'm sure I'll get used to the new layout though.

Edited to add that I live on Forum Spy so my comments mainly relate to the new layout of that - it especially jars when you go in to a thread which has the old layout. Will everything be changing?
I’m not sure what layout you are referring to as the layouts haven’t really changed it’s mainly the menus that have changed. Layout/Style options are available in the mobile menu or at the bottom of the page as below.

Click here for Mobile style https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php?styleid=54

Click here for Fixed Width desktop Style https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php?styleid=57

Click here for Fluid desktop Style https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php?styleid=43

Click her for Default desktop Style https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php?styleid=41

Edited at 05:48 PM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
We are going to change the site completely before October. We need to change the forum software to a different platform to enable us to move to a new server in October/November.

There will be a lot of minor changes before the BIG change of the forums. Whenever forums change there are always going to be people that don't like change. But change has to happen. Software and hardware changes force that.

Unfortunately it is a shed load of work for me to do in making all the extras work with the new software. Some things cannot be changed though as they will no longer be compatible.
I'd recommend having a look at the newly styled MoneySavingExpert forums as a guide into what NOT to do! 🤣
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post

The old layout any day of the week.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I’m not sure what layout you are referring to as the layouts haven’t really changed it’s mainly the menus that have changed. Layout/Style options are available in the mobile menu or at the bottom of the page as below.

Click here for Mobile style https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php?styleid=54

Click here for Fixed Width desktop Style https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php?styleid=57

Click here for Fluid desktop Style https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php?styleid=43

Click her for Default desktop Style https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php?styleid=41
Well forum spy looks completely different, but when I click on to threads, they look the same as normal. I use the fixed desktop style on both my PC and phone and forum spy now looks like this:

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 11:33 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
CaliforniaKid
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Most of the time I view the Dibb on my mobile and, tbf, there's very little difference in the look of the site. Cosmetically still the same.

However, the nav menu has suddenly become too unwieldy. Far too many sub-sections in 'Dibb Forum'.
CaliforniaKid is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Well forum spy looks completely different, but when I click on to threads, they look the same as normal. I use the fixed desktop style on both my PC and phone and forum spy now looks like this:
The Forum Spy looks pretty similar to how it used to to me. It's slightly different but I certainly wouldn't say it's "completely different". I'm on a laptop using the fixed desktop style.

The above is similar to how it used to look.

The image you showed was from a mobile phone and on there the forum spy in fixed desktop style will look squashed (as expected).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKid View Post
Most of the time I view the Dibb on my mobile and, tbf, there's very little difference in the look of the site. Cosmetically still the same.

However, the nav menu has suddenly become too unwieldy. Far too many sub-sections in 'Dibb Forum'.
I agree. The number of items in the "DIBB Forum" pull-down menu is too much. Does it really need to list all the subforums?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Closed Thread