Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Jul 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
Deal, are you ok helping look after 5 children and will you hold my hand on the hulk?
Nooooo!

Do you know I have never been on The Hulk! I'm ok on Aerosmith etc but The Hulk scared me witless when I viewed it. So much so I sat down whilst my Wife and 2 x Children always rode it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

In all my years using Avis I’ve never had an issue with them from MCO, glad u got it sorted
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
moblies
Proud to wear my Ears

I put down a booster seat and gps, it's on the booking as special requests subject to availability but I've now got my own satnav and we don't need the booster so hopefully they don't try and charge me. But if I don't take them at pickup hopefully it should be ok
moblies is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We have been flying BA/Avis for years and never had an issue, however last November after we returned I got a £140 charge on my CC, it took me 5 months of emailing both Avis and BA before I got a 100% refund, no apologies but I was happy to put it behind me and move on. In May this year we again booked BA flydrive I checked our invoice when we picked the car up from Avis, no charges, I checked again when we dropped the car back and again £0.00 charges but when my CC statement came in it was showing £103 Avis charge, I am now on email number 11 and it is still not resolved, I won't give up but my god it is so very frustrating.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
We have been flying BA/Avis for years and never had an issue, however last November after we returned I got a £140 charge on my CC, it took me 5 months of emailing both Avis and BA before I got a 100% refund, no apologies but I was happy to put it behind me and move on. In May this year we again booked BA flydrive I checked our invoice when we picked the car up from Avis, no charges, I checked again when we dropped the car back and again £0.00 charges but when my CC statement came in it was showing £103 Avis charge, I am now on email number 11 and it is still not resolved, I won't give up but my god it is so very frustrating.
If your sure its unauthorised, no tolls etc and AVIS aren't responding then report it to your CC as an unauthorised payment, they will deal with it for you.
voicon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We’ve had cars from Avis a number of times and never had a problem until our recent trip. The booking was made as a fly drive with BA and when we collected the car (Denver Airport) they claimed we had amended the booking and wanted an additional $169. The ‘amendment’ was adding our Avis Preferred number. It took over an hour to get the car and it still wasn’t sorted when we left the airport, but we e mailed customer service the following day and managed to get it sorted. Their first response said the still charge applied, so we went back and got someone else who agreed to refund the charge, but only after we had paid it on returning the car.
Old 6 Jul 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I have also been using Avis with BA for the last several years.

2015 - picked up SFO, no issues at all, had 3 cars that trip, due to faults, and at SFO and Palm Springs where I changed cars service was fantastic, and no problems at drop off at LAX.
2016 - LAX - again no issues - great service.
2017 - MCO - had 2 week long bookings. Week 1 - had Tahoe booked - was downgraded with no offer of refund or changing car. Contacted Avis, and got a part refund, but less than the price difference between the classes. Contacted BA on my return and they were brilliant and got rest of refund and some compensation.
Week 2 - picked up our 7 seater - had been in wars and poor car - took photos of condition on pick up. At drop off, they tried to charge me for the damage - told them we had CDW - not interested - then showed girl the photos I had when picking up and she simply walked away.
2018 - BMI - again no issues on pickup, and on leaving showed $0, but was charged - queried, said it was exchange rate charge - got it refunded - but never got my avios - BA said Avis applied a discount code - was not able to resolve this.

This year will be picking up at IAD.

The Hulk - brilliant coaster - nothing to fear.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
nick.66
Getting Excited

I used Avis for the 1st time in March this year with a fly-drive to Fort Lauderdale. On checking cc there was a charge for roughly £70. I emailed Avis who said it was for fuel and roadside safety net service. I promptly emailed a copy of the return ticket showing the car was returned full and a photo showing end mileage and fuel gauge. I was refunded for the fuel but not the safety net service.
Lesson learned! I'm using them again for 2 weeks at the end of September when we fly into MCO.
There will be a very long queue in the AVIS garage until I'm happy with my rental details!
nick.66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We have used Avis a couple of times with our BA flydrives, once no problem in LAX but at MCO we were charged for who knows what! after months of emails with Avis and BA got a partial refund We are again using them but at Miami and arrive late at night after a long day, so hopefully no issues as I really will not be the best person to deal with!

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List