Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Oct 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile End of Feb / Start of Mar 2020

Usually go late sept/early Oct but pricing flights and seem ‘reasonable’ for end feb-start Mar. Hotel prices are through the roof. Am I missing the fact there’s a national holiday or something? Shorter stay working out more expensive that our usual 2 weeks
Homewood Suites 2020
kingstefan21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by kingstefan21 View Post
Usually go late sept/early Oct but pricing flights and seem ‘reasonable’ for end feb-start Mar. Hotel prices are through the roof. Am I missing the fact there’s a national holiday or something? Shorter stay working out more expensive that our usual 2 weeks
Spring break. I think it starts from Presidents’ Day 17th Feb and runs till nearly Easter.

Others may be more knowledgable than me.
Old 18 Oct 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks good to know so the parks will be busy
Homewood Suites 2020
kingstefan21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks good to know so the parks will be busy
They might be. Spring break seems to last for ages and it depends how many have that break as to how busy the parks will be.

Try having a look at the busy day guides or Orlando informer website for universal crowd calendar.

Universal has Mardi Gras on and I think disney might have run disney events on.

We are earlier in February, however, Orlando informer do what looks like a brilliant universal ticketed event with access late to the parks at the end of the month, I’d have loved to have done that but we are stuck to school holidays.

Are your dates set?
Old 18 Oct 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Are your dates set?
We are flexible as to when we can get off work it’s just Aer Lingus only fly direct on certain days and they are coming in cheap. We had planned 27 Feb - 09 Mar.
Homewood Suites 2020
Old 18 Oct 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

We are Aer Lingus flights for the first time in Feb 8-15. I was really happy with our price.

Where were you hoping to stay? We are onsite at universal.
Old 18 Oct 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Mobile

We are Aer Lingus flights for the first time in Feb 8-15. I was really happy with our price.

Where were you hoping to stay? We are onsite at universal.

We have priced our usual place Pointe Resort and it’s coming in $1700. We are Annual Pass holders for universal so get discount for their hotels. The thing is they charge for parking per night despite the fact we have the annual pass that allows us to park for free at the theme parks. A bit ironic.

Have you been in feb before?
Homewood Suites 2020
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
We have priced our usual place Pointe Resort and it’s coming in $1700. We are Annual Pass holders for universal so get discount for their hotels. The thing is they charge for parking per night despite the fact we have the annual pass that allows us to park for free at the theme parks. A bit ironic.

Have you been in feb before?
Febuary is new for us. What about you?

We are passholders at Universal as well, I'd been looking at annual passholder rates, we got RPR for £173 for one night and an excellent deal, cheaper than aph rates for aventura through BA. Pass holder rates are only out to 13.2.20

We've just booked Rosen Pointe Orlando for the summer, we booked via BA for that as well as their price was way lower than anything else I could find, have you tried BA? Is Rosen Pointe Orlando good? We normally stay at the Rosen Plaza but it is full.
Old 18 Oct 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
headpin
Getting Excited

Not sure about Orlando as that is a bit of a rogue commodity. However, for the rest of a Florida November to end March/early April is their high season - decent temperatures, no thunderstorms and no humidity. Plus as said previous you have spring break for most of March from one part of the US or another descending on Florida. Then there is spring training for the MLB Grapefruit League teams that brings supporters in too.

We go to the Gulf Coast every March and the hotels are normally double or triple what you would pay in the Summer.
headpin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Oh Toodles
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Spring break. I think it starts from Presidents’ Day 17th Feb and runs till nearly Easter.

Others may be more knowledgable than me.
We generally go the last week Feb/1st week March
This tends to have us arriving just after Presidents Day and leaving just as Spring Break starts... so parks show a large increase in footfall just as our last weekend starts.
Next year we are going a few days later so I expect it may affect us slightly more. I think Spring Breaks starts around 7th March in 2020
Oh Toodles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List