Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Jan 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1157743

Hi Bad Pink Tink

I had never heard of it either but I thought the location looked fine - quite near the HI on Walnut?
Old 30 Jan 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post

Hi Bad Pink Tink

I had never heard of it either but I thought the location looked fine - quite near the HI on Walnut?
I do enjoy reading the experienced knowledgeable posts.

And ... Cool...you are off on holiday tomorrow! Have a great one!
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Hi Bad Pink Tink

Aha I just checked on the map.

There USED to be a pedestrian walkaway through the Mickey and Friends parking structure which is beside the Holiday Inn. Many properties in that location would advertise the shortcut, through the parking structure and then getting on the free Disney shuttles but Disney has completely changed all that.

Disney used to have the security bag check before getting on the shuttle, but now its actually IN the parking structure, so only those who drive in can walk to the security bag check. You can not just walk into the parking structure any more.

There is also now a new parking structure called Pixar Pals, beside Mickey and Friends, so Disney have really limited pedestrian access in that area.

Honestly, Ive been going to Disneyland every year since 2010, and I would never stay that side of Disneyland. The distance, the inconvenience of trying to get to the parks, the lack of amenities just really does not appeal to me.

On the Harbour side theres restaurants, the CVS, the ART bus stops and its just a more active area, especially after park closing. I spend over 14 hours in the parks each day and I don't walk back I use shuttle buses. After such full days in the parks, you really appreciate getting back to your hotel in the fastest possible way.

Edited at 11:33 PM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Honestly 30 minute walk is too far. Have you checked Google Maps?

A much better option for you is to walk to Toy Story Parking Lot and take the free Disney Shuttle bus. Many people do this and its half the walk.

Thanks, I didn’t know about the free shuttle that’s handy. We really don’t mind the walk. Maybe not on the way back right enough
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Aha I just checked on the map.

There USED to be a pedestrian walkaway through the Mickey and Friends parking structure which is beside the Holiday Inn. Many properties in that location would advertise the shortcut, through the parking structure and then getting on the free Disney shuttles but Disney has completely changed all that.

Disney used to have the security bag check before getting on the shuttle, but now its actually IN the parking structure, so only those who drive in can walk to the security bag check. You can not just walk into the parking structure any more.

There is also now a new parking structure called Pixar Pals, beside Mickey and Friends, so Disney have really limited pedestrian access in that area.

Honestly, Ive been going to Disneyland every year since 2010, and I would never stay that side of Disneyland. The distance, the inconvenience of trying to get to the parks, the lack of amenities just really does not appeal to me.

On the Harbour side theres restaurants, the CVS, the ART bus stops and its just a more active area, especially after park closing. I spend over 14 hours in the parks each day and I don't walk back I use shuttle buses. After such full days in the parks, you really appreciate getting back to your hotel in the fastest possible way.
That’s confusing but I’m rubbish with directions! I’m not aware we went anywhere near a parking structure. We just turned left out of the HI main entrance, walked south a bit (couple of minutes, left into Magic Way and then right towards the Disneyland Hotel). We have done this route a few times over the last few years but last time was nearly nine months ago so maybe it’s changed?

Have to say I always felt perfectly safe even at 2 in the morning. Are we definitely talking about the same HI?
Old 31 Jan 20, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

That’s confusing but I’m rubbish with directions! I’m not aware we went anywhere near a parking structure. We just turned left out of the HI main entrance, walked south a bit (couple of minutes, left into Magic Way and then right towards the Disneyland Hotel). We have done this route a few times over the last few years but last time was nearly nine months ago so maybe it’s changed?

Have to say I always felt perfectly safe even at 2 in the morning. Are we definitely talking about the same HI?
Yes, basically you just walked around the parking structure, where as the old out dated short cuts were through the parking structures.

The Pixar Pals parking structure is new, opened in September 2019. On Google Maps its still the construction image.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Yes, basically you just walked around the parking structure, where as the old out dated short cuts were through the parking structures.

The Pixar Pals parking structure is new, opened in September 2019. On Google Maps its still the construction image.
Got you. Thanks
Old 1 Feb 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Great info and advice in this thread as I am still trying to decide what to do for my birthday this year.
Old 1 Feb 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Oh and just to add, I noticed our complex is called “pepper wood” and it is literally across the street from magic way.

I have just posted a question in the Pixar pals pedestrian bridge to see if we can use it if we don’t park there. But we are literally across the street from it.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I'll add that initially we were considering staying off-site and I used this guide to get a shortlist of the best hotels:

disneytouristblog/di...d-hotels-near/

I'd decided on the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance as it seemed a very nice hotel and had a good water play section for the kids.
We stayed here for 9 nights in April and loved it- there’s a Starbucks and a really good ‘essentials’ shop on the ground floor, Netflix on the tv in your room, free iced water dispensers with fresh fruit, and a robot called Pepper who hangs out in the lobby and tells you Disney facts! There’s a great view of Space Mountain and the monorail from the pool/splash pad. You will have an amazing time!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List