Notices

Old 19 Feb 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Why don't you take your old magic bands with you and see if they work. If not you've not lost anything.

We love packing cubes. As there are 5 of us I use them to separate different people's clothes or to put all the swimsuits in for eg so things are easier to unpack the other end. Coming home I use them to separate dirty and clean.
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh no, definitely take the old bands. Ooh you've brought me out in a cold sweat just thinking that you wouldn't have them

I've got all the different magic bands from our previous trips. I always take a few with us as I like the different colours and I've never had a problem getting into parks or scanning the band for a FP. From what I've read the older bands won't automatically pick up ride photos. That is easily solved though, just scan your band at the TV screen. My kids always fight their way to the front as they can't wait to see our ride photos so it's never been a problem for us, and even though I've told them they don't have to scan their bands they do it anyway.

If you're really worried about the bands not working then take the ticket with you as well. I'm assuming it will be one of the credit card sized tickets so you could bring them along to the parks too.
I like how I’ve got you all worried with no magic bands 🙈 my newest ones are from September 2018 but I suppose it’s worth a try taking them and see! We will take the tickets with us anyway. I’ll maybe take them then and Go to guest services on the first day if things aren’t working!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
I don’t think so 😬 my original plan was to use the ones we’ve already got but I’m now not sure if they will work or not and no one seems to really know the answer! It’s going to feel really weird not having one and I think it would be useful for fastpasses but I’m not sure how worth it it is to buy new magic bands when we get there?

I think I’d probably end up picking one of the plain colours so it gives me less choice 🙈

Oh I forgot about that! I will need to do the same once we’ve paid for our Tickets! Never had to link tickets before so hopefully that goes ok for the both of us!

Aww bless him! I must admit planning the packing list is one thing I don’t do 😬 I spend all this time planning the holiday and usually pack the night before oops! I notice a lot of people using the packing cubes do you find it useful? Xx
I'm pretty sure they'd still work but like Jo said if you take them and they don't work you aren't losing out on anything.

I hope the linking is ok too, I've heard of a few problems doing this through Virgin so I'm ready for a fight When I bought my tickets last year I managed to link them immediately with no issues.

To be fair I don't normally but when Abby posted her list I thought I'd give it a go, I'm getting so excited to tick things off We've never used them to be honest, I've heard people mentioning them and seen Abby used them on here but we watched a vlog of them the other day so I decided to bite the bullet and get some. Mr Grump was apprehensive and thinks it's not worth it so I've bargained that we'll use them this time and see if it makes things easier, if not we won't use them again (I'm pretty confident his OCD will love them )

Ahh that's a good idea re the swimsuits Jo, definitely think I'll do that. We're arriving around 2pm so think we're going to take the kids to the pool as soon as we're checked in before heading the food court for dinner but having to sort through all the case to find things is a PITA

It must be the planners in us all panicking x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Just wanted to let you guys know i got offered a job today 😊 absolutely over the moon and will fit in with the kids. It'll be hard for the first 6 weeks or so as I'll be trying to fit it in around Uni and the kids but from May I'm finished Uni so hopefully not too bad 😁 eeeekkkk so excited x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Just wanted to let you guys know i got offered a job today 😊 absolutely over the moon and will fit in with the kids. It'll be hard for the first 6 weeks or so as I'll be trying to fit it in around Uni and the kids but from May I'm finished Uni so hopefully not too bad 😁 eeeekkkk so excited x
Congratulations! 🥳 🎉

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
On congrats! I bet your super pleased! Once those 6 weeks are over I’m sure it will work brilliantly 😁
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
That's great news Kelly. I bet you're really excited. Yay

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Congratulations! Fab news! When do you start? Xx
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Yay huge congratulations! I am sure it will be worth that difficult 6 weeks. All your hard work has paid off
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Well done, that's really good news. Hopefully the six difficult weeks will fly by, I'm sure just knowing there's an end date will get you through.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Congratulations! 🥳 🎉

Kat
Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
On congrats! I bet your super pleased! Once those 6 weeks are over I’m sure it will work brilliantly 😁
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
That's great news Kelly. I bet you're really excited. Yay
Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
Congratulations! Fab news! When do you start? Xx
Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Yay huge congratulations! I am sure it will be worth that difficult 6 weeks. All your hard work has paid off
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Well done, that's really good news. Hopefully the six difficult weeks will fly by, I'm sure just knowing there's an end date will get you through.
Thank you all I honestly didn't expect to get it hence why I never even mentioned it. I was browsing jobs late one night and thought I'll apply for that one tomorrow, when I looked the applications needed to be in by 11.59pm that evening, it was 11.30pm so I half heartedly filled it in and sent it off. I was offered an interview last week. Had the interview yesterday, I thought it went ok but I stumbled on a few things, they said they would inform people tomorrow as they were interviewing till 5pm, 4.55pm I got a phonecall offering me the role

It's working for the local council in the Area Action Partnerships as a support officer. It's perfect hours with just 18.5 a week. I need to wait for HR to be in touch with more details, but it appears they can be quite flexible with hours so I may be able to work around the kids and around Uni. They said it would take a few weeks for HR to sort things so I'm looking at least middle of March I think before I start. That'll mean I have 5-6 weeks to balance working and Uni it'll be hard for those weeks, but hopefully worth it in the end.

I think for the next 2-3 weeks I'm going to really focus on my dissertation as that's the biggest thing, if I can get most of that completed before I start the role it'll help so much and take a weight off my shoulders too, looks like late nights at Uni for the next few weeks!

Thank you all again I was at bingo with a friend last night and I came home to this (excuse the coat hangers are from Caitlin's holiday clothes as we sorted those out yesterday )