Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Feb 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Grimdogg
Trying for More Ears

Very early - advice needed for 2021...

Sorry, a bit forward planning but we are thinking about returning in Summer 2021.

My first question is - our school breaks up one week before the rest of the UK in July - this makes for a good saving on the holiday, but the crowds will be worse than last 2 weeks of August. Do you think this is still manageable with the Busy day guide / fast pass or would you pay the extra £1000 / family to have fewer crowds?

Also, now looking into when is the best time to book (early or later) and do you think that going through a UK travel agent is the best option? We are probably staying in a villa (7 of us) and will need a car, so we can visit mixture of parks.

Thanks!
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
RioRio
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

I started planning 2020 like 2 years ago, don’t worry XD

It depends how important your budget is. I mean, I wouldn’t pay more but that’s because I don’t have the ability to save up that much extra. If you can do it then do it (however, I’ve never been in Aug so cant comment on how busy etc it actually is).

We’ve always used virgin holidays before as DIY was too anxiety inducing for us but are going with DIY this year as our budget is a lot smaller (2 kids now!). Travel agents are the easy option but also more expensive as they do it all for you. There are lots of agents that are cheaper than the likes of virgin (ocean Florida, kenwood etc). There are also dibbers here who rebt their villas out for you to look through.

Best time to book varies a lot. If you’re using a travel agent then just book when you see a price you’re happy with. If you choose DIY then booking things early (villa now, flights 11mo before, other things when the dates come out) seems to be quite effective as prices often just go up and up. You can get fab last minute deals too but these obviously come with the risk of not booking until last minute.
RioRio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Grimdogg View Post
My first question is - our school breaks up one week before the rest of the UK in July
You don't live in Leicester(shire) do you? It's one advantage of the different holidays.

My advice is go DIY as it turns out cheaper - I've been comparing and calculating for many years now - that's if you want to stay on site (which I highly recommend and we wouldn't do it any different unless DDP goes).

So, we've done the same (6 trips) - we live in Leicestershire and book the flights for the week before everyone else breaks up. You'll find flights about £100-£150 cheaper that week - the earlier the better really. I've found that Thompson offer the cheapest flights (We've flown Virgin, Monarch and Thompson) Not much difference in the service, even though many say that Virgin is the best.

Book your resort and DDP (Deluxe resort for full DDP) in around April of 2020 for 2021, but price up this April to see what ball park figure you'll be having to save.

If you can, stay a night or two at Universal as well.

Happy planning - we may end up going 2021 if I can't get the kids (I say kids - they will be 20 and 24 next year) to co ordinate dates ...

Any questions, feel free to DM me.

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List