Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Feb 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile Roughly how much?

We want to go next August, 2021, for two weeks. We must return for start of school so thinking last two weeks as slightly cheaper and quieter.

We want to fly direct from Manchester.
We want onsite for maybe 10 days and another 4 at Universal.

We need separate beds for the kids as DS will be 15 and won't share with DD or us.

We want DDP either paid for or free, if released.

I'm trying to get an idea of prices so I can ensure its doable before getting my hopes up.

I'm pricing this August as a comparison but can only find suitable accommodation at the WL Cabins. These look great but wanted other options. Has anyone stayed there? What's it like?

I've read about other hotels offering other rooms on here such as SS or OKW but can't find any online. What am I doing wrong?

Alternatively is it possible to book interconnecing room? As we're basically 4 adults price wise (15 and 12) would this be easier/possible/more expensive?
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

You would probably need a 2 bedroom in one of the villa or wilderness lodge or art of animation in a suite. Prices aren't out yet but when we looked this year onsite in a 2 bed no tickets with disney direct just over 5500 that's just the 2 bed in okw. And that was for october as that's when we are going for art of animation with tickets was just over 7000. Bear in mind thats no flights and no dining on ever lol
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

A 5th sleeper room would work, we had 6 in the 5th sleeper room in POR in 2016. My son was 11 and slept on the sleeper whist 2 of my girls shared and the baby was in a cot.

Otherwise 2 rooms are the cheaper option apposed to the 2 bedroom apartments, we are a 6 next year with the little one being 5 so wont fit in one room. Attraction Tickets Direct have their prices for 2021 so you can get a good idea price wise on their site, and cost dining too if it does not become free.

Edited at 11:36 AM.
Jakey Neverland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
lisad
Excited about Disney

Inter-connecting rooms would be a good, but expensive option. You will be paying double, as I believe Disney charge the same for two adults and two children as for just two adults per room.

We requested an inter-connecting room at CBR and got them. But it isn't guaranteed.
lisad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

We have stayed at Wilderness cabins quite a few times. They are great fun if a bit basic. Main bedroom has double bed pushed against the wall and bunk beds. Living room has a sleeper sofa. We always hire a golf cart to get around and don’t bother with a car while there.

This year we are renting a 41 ft 5th wheel trailer with 4 pop out sides on the campground which sleeps 10. Just fancied something different for a change. Works out slightly more than the cabins but accommodates more people.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dotty
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi, we came back in November after staying in both wilderness cabins and OKW. We are a party of 5, my older twins are 21 and youngest 11. My youngest son and older daughter used the bunks with us in the cabin bedroom and older son had the double pull out sofa in the main living area. This worked for us quite well but I wasn’t taken with the area but loved wilderness lodge across the lake at the lodge .
oKW we had 2 adjoining rooms but we did stay previously in a one bedroom as there is a single and double pull out in the front room a queen in the bedroom.
This year we have adjoining rooms at port Orleans. It’s mean years since we stayed here but previously lover the relaxed vibe so hope it’s the same. I have had to shop around for reasonable free ddp deals with Disney hence different resorts. Whatever you choose I’m sure you will be happy. Just being in Disney makes me 😆
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylola
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Would it not be an option to just take along an airbed, that's what we had planned to do as son and daughter 23/19 however daughter not joining us now so glad I didn't book the extra room.
loopylola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

You should price up.
OKW one bed villa. Has a bed room with a king bed and living room with a double and single chair bed. Both suitable for teenagers.
Family suites at Art of Animation and All Stars. Bedroom and separate pull downs in the family areas.
The Cabins at Fort Wilderness. Would not be my first choice.
Or any hotel room if one of your teenagers would put up with a blow up bed.
Then price two rooms at the cheapest value resort which will probably be All Star Sports.
Or rent points at a 2 bed DVC. But that’s going to be mega money.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Air bed definitely the way to go
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jessieloveswood
Excited about Disney

hi could you give me some info on how you booked the campground and RV? we are hoping to go next May, 6 adults, and I'm trying to find the most cost effective, yet fun way to stay on site. xx
jessieloveswood is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List