Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Nov 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Menu for U/C inbound Virgin

Hi someone put on the other day menu for outbound with virgin upper class .I was wondering if that dibber has the inbound menu as well or if anyone else it please many thanks
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby 52
slightly serious Dibber

Anyone ? lol
scooby 52 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Virgin Atlantic don't put it on their website like they do for the outbound.

Inbound can vary more by route, you may find a trip report online but they'll be very 'thin on the ground' for the next week or so.

I return on 27 Nov and happy to report but I think you'll find details before then.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
Virgin Atlantic don't put it on their website like they do for the outbound.

Inbound can vary more by route, you may find a trip report online but they'll be very 'thin on the ground' for the next week or so.

I return on 27 Nov and happy to report but I think you'll find details before then.

Jill
Yes please I would appreciate that thankyou
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Myself and DH would be very interested in this too 😊
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
I will update for you on the return. Outbound wasn't great food wise but if you like curry you'll be fine! I was asked if I wanted any of the options from Econ or PE instead.

We had eaten in the Clubhouse so I ended up with the dessert and the cheese along the the Argentinian Malbec red wine ( so good and the lovely CSM gave me a bottle which I'm drinking now). Later I had the chicken burger and a scone, TBH that was plenty for me.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Update as promised - it's probably available elsewhere now but will give my opinion too.

UC RETURN MENU

STARTERS

Crab Rillette with sumac, pickled cucumber, celery and cherry tomatoes.

Buratta, roasted tomoatoes and butternut squash with a balsamic and maple glaze (v)

MAINS

Miso roasted chicken and soba noodles with sauteed Asian vegetables, oyster mushroom with a coriander and ginger teriyaki glaze.

Tikka spiced seared salmon, black rice, roasted cumin cauliflower, cucumber and tomato raita, red onion and coriander salad with cherry tomatoes

Smoked Gouda mac and cheese, with roasted winter vegetables, sauteed kale and caramelised pearl onions (v)

DESSERTS

Triple chocolate mousse with a raspberry coulis

Brie, Cheddar and blue cheese with a slice of quince, grapes and crackers.

There was also a SUPPER EXPRESS

Tomato chipotle soup, served with a rustic grilled cheese sandwich (v)

I think the wines were the same as the outbound, certainly the Malbec was but have specific details if anyone want them.

I ordered the crab and the chicken and really didn't like either, I ate the piece of chicken and left the rest. However, there were really good offerings in the Delta Sky Club including a couple of hot dishes and I'd had plenty in there.

I had the cheese plate which was ok apart from the fact I really preferred the onion chutney they used the serve and though the quince jelly was a poor substitute.

With hindsight I think I should have just ordered the toasted cheese sandwich, I saw it come passed me and looked pretty good.

BREAKFAST

Fresh fruit with lime and chilli

Banana bread pudding, caramelised banana with strawberry compote and Greek yoghurt infused with lemon zest

Full English breakfast with grilled pork sausage, streaky bacon, scrambled egg, sauteed button mushrooms, potato rosti and baked beans

Vegan three potato hash, peppers and onions with scrambled 'egg and chorizo' (ve)

Chia seed bowl with coconut milk, mango compote, strawberries and coconut flakes

Chocolate croissant

I never eat breakfast on landing and had originally planned to eat in the arrivals lounge. However, my DH had the full English breakfast and it looked pretty good - his opinion isn't really worth much as he eats anything.

In the end we didn't bother with the arrivals lounge, we were 90 minutes late leaving Orlando and didn't make up any time so really just wanted to get home.

If anyone wants any further info. please just ask.

Jill
Old 29 Nov 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
Update as promised - it's probably available elsewhere now but will give my opinion too.

UC RETURN MENU

STARTERS

Crab Rillette with sumac, pickled cucumber, celery and cherry tomatoes.

Buratta, roasted tomoatoes and butternut squash with a balsamic and maple glaze (v)

MAINS

Miso roasted chicken and soba noodles with sauteed Asian vegetables, oyster mushroom with a coriander and ginger teriyaki glaze.

Tikka spiced seared salmon, black rice, roasted cumin cauliflower, cucumber and tomato raita, red onion and coriander salad with cherry tomatoes

Smoked Gouda mac and cheese, with roasted winter vegetables, sauteed kale and caramelised pearl onions (v)

DESSERTS

Triple chocolate mousse with a raspberry coulis

Brie, Cheddar and blue cheese with a slice of quince, grapes and crackers.

There was also a SUPPER EXPRESS

Tomato chipotle soup, served with a rustic grilled cheese sandwich (v)

I think the wines were the same as the outbound, certainly the Malbec was but have specific details if anyone want them.

I ordered the crab and the chicken and really didn't like either, I ate the piece of chicken and left the rest. However, there were really good offerings in the Delta Sky Club including a couple of hot dishes and I'd had plenty in there.

I had the cheese plate which was ok apart from the fact I really preferred the onion chutney they used the serve and though the quince jelly was a poor substitute.

With hindsight I think I should have just ordered the toasted cheese sandwich, I saw it come passed me and looked pretty good.

BREAKFAST

Fresh fruit with lime and chilli

Banana bread pudding, caramelised banana with strawberry compote and Greek yoghurt infused with lemon zest

Full English breakfast with grilled pork sausage, streaky bacon, scrambled egg, sauteed button mushrooms, potato rosti and baked beans

Vegan three potato hash, peppers and onions with scrambled 'egg and chorizo' (ve)

Chia seed bowl with coconut milk, mango compote, strawberries and coconut flakes

Chocolate croissant

I never eat breakfast on landing and had originally planned to eat in the arrivals lounge. However, my DH had the full English breakfast and it looked pretty good - his opinion isn't really worth much as he eats anything.

In the end we didn't bother with the arrivals lounge, we were 90 minutes late leaving Orlando and didn't make up any time so really just wanted to get home.

If anyone wants any further info. please just ask.

Jill
That's great thankyou picked my choices already can i ask what the arrivals lounge is please ...and did you get Delta Sky Club because you booked upper class ... also is there a dedicated check in at MCO for upper class as noticed Disney springs isn't open any more ...did you manage much sleep on the way home ?
Old 29 Nov 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
That's great thankyou picked my choices already can i ask what the arrivals lounge is please ...and did you get Delta Sky Club because you booked upper class ... also is there a dedicated check in at MCO for upper class as noticed Disney springs isn't open any more ...did you manage much sleep on the way home ?
The Virgin arrivals lounge in T3 is available to all passengers flying in UC or Flying Club Gold passengers. It's located after immigration/luggage collection.

There is a dedicated UC check in at Orlando. We went straight there and she took our bags etc. However, because we travelled back from Barbados in August and knew the routine and didn't want any hassle I asked why she hadn't checked our passenger locator forms as that's what they did in Barbados. She said, 'haven't you had them checked over there at the economy line?' - err, no as we're flying in Upper, I presumed you would know. Her mistake as she then admitted she'd looked as the back of our passports and thought the relevant sticker was there but it was the one put on from Barbados Easily rectified though as she just took us over to have the PLF checked and we were on our way. No other checks.

Again Delta Sky Club available for UC passengers and I believe they do payment entry too. Historically it's been pretty basic but this time was a better experience. They have now arranged the buffet/bar area with dining tables and chairs. Hot food offerings were much improved, chicken and rice, chilli, tomato pasta. There were turkey wraps, cheese and biscuits, different salads. Crisps and nuts choices. Chocolate cheesecake, various biscuits including Fig Newtons which are my Grandson's favourite, a few of those may have dropped in my bag

Flight was delayed so nearly 21.30 when we took off. It actually worked to our advantage as we were pretty tired by then. Managed around 3/4 hours sleep so felt fine yesterday and went to bed around 10.30pm and slept until 8 this morning, although a bit tired today.

Just as a footnote and a bit off topic, we travelled out on the A350 and back on the A300. Going out we weren't sure about the A350 layout but after coming back on the older aircraft we've both decided that we like the A350 much more - the space, comfort and privacy is far superior.

HTH
Jill
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
CJC
Very Serious Dibber

Hi
On the A350 can you confirm if the upper class exit at the very front of plane, or have to pass through premium cabin? If I have read correctly the main doors are between economy and premium, so wondered if or how Upper class have priority exit.
CJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List