Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Aug 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
bigplan415
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by tadshome View Post
Sorry to jump on your thread but can anyone please tell me where I can buy karvol? I have been looking for weeks but cannot find it anywhere. Thank you
Hi I googled this when it had been recommended on this thread and found that it's no longer on sale in U.K. I have Olbas oil instead. All set to try these various remedies tomorrow!
bigplan415 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tadshome
Apprentice Imagineer

tadshome's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by bigplan415 View Post
Hi I googled this when it had been recommended on this thread and found that it's no longer on sale in U.K. I have Olbas oil instead. All set to try these various remedies tomorrow!
Good luck 😊 I have just got Olbas oil too.
Old 12 Aug 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Millymops
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I get sinus tablets like Sudafed and take a week before you fly every day it seems to work - I also take while on holiday for flight home
Millymops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

I use beconase after being told to lay off sudafed as I'd used it for too long. I know it doesn't help so much on flights but steam/olbus oil along with sinus massage really helps.
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I noticed in Boots today they had Klear-vol which looked a lot like karvol. I don't know if it's the same product just rebranded or a totally different supplier. It came in the same capsules as Karvol.
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Thanks, this is interesting. Wonder how long in advance it'd need to be cut out? I only have a couple of days now so may be too short to make a difference. I've stocked up on all the medications recommended on this thread, plus earplanes, so will update on how it goes after the flights on Sunday.
Hi, I've just seen this but I'm not sure how long in advance you would need to do it as my friend has been diary free 12 months now.

I hope your flight went well and you weren't in too much discomfort.

Have a great holiday!
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Stupid question - but why do some of you take Sudafed for a whole week before your flight? When it works it's more or less immediate (well, within 20 minutes anyway), so why use it for so long? Most of these sorts of drugs tell you not to take them for more than 3-4 days, so I think I'd be worried about the 'withdrawal' effects as another poster mentioned earlier.

I used to have a pot of Olbas Oil, but haven't seen it in a long time. I guess it won't hurt to buy a new one.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Following with interest as I also get the most excruciating ear, head and neck pains on the decent. I forget how bad it is if we don't fly for a couple of years, but had painful reminders again this year
It's hard to explain to someone who doesn't experience it why I sit there bent double and clutching my head
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post

I find taking an Actifed tablet (available from most pharmacies) 1 hour before landing and take off helps with this. Also using a saline nasal spray.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi, I'm really excited to be going back to WDW next week but I'm getting worried about the flights as I often get terrible pains in my face, head and neck during descent, sometimes accompanoed by a streaming nose. I assume this is due to air pressure changes in sinuses. Has anybody else suffered from this and found a way to prevent it?
So glad you started this thread Bigplan415, my daughter suffered quite badly last year on our journey home. She had a cold a few days before and she had horrendous pain in her head, I called one of the cabin crew and she kindly got a cold cloth and turned the aircon on to her,thankfully after a few minutes she was ok. I will take on board some of the tips for our trip in October, thank you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List