Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Apr 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks guys! I don’t want to miss it! Hoping for CBR in November 🙏
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Blimey. I'm not even going next year and you lot are getting me all excited.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
We might go next year but will be missing out on Disney this time...but I'm excited to see the prices just to make me cry jnsite a little bit more 😂😂

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tangled_ View Post
Thanks so much that's great!

Really hope free dining is released because after crunching some numbers and comparing QSDP and DDP might even be able to stretch to AKL instead of POFQ
SSR or OKW are usually really good value when free DDP is released as well. Never stayed there personally but many people on here rave about them. You would get the full dining plan with these resorts and they are usually offered with a bit of a discount.

Don’t forget you can also upgrade between plans for £17pppd. So for example, if you really wanted to stay at POFQ but have the full dining plan, you could just upgrade from the QSDP. I wager that would cost you less than staying at AKL. 😊

AKL is beautiful though
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
This is what I was like last year 🤣

This year I get to be a part of it and book again! Yippee! I’m off for Easter at the moment so can have a full planning and pricing day on Friday. Eeek!

Might be released on the Disney site as early as Wednesday night if 2016 for 2017 is anything to go by!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
SSR or OKW are usually really good value when free DDP is released as well. Never stayed there personally but many people on here rave about them. You would get the full dining plan with these resorts and they are usually offered with a bit of a discount.

Don’t forget you can also upgrade between plans for £17pppd. So for example, if you really wanted to stay at POFQ but have the full dining plan, you could just upgrade from the QSDP. I wager that would cost you less than staying at AKL. 😊

AKL is beautiful though
Do SSR and OKW usually get released at the same time as free dining? I don't see them for my dates yet! I'm mainly looking at POFQ but also interested in OKW
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by whitey012001 View Post
Just read through all 32 pages, didn't see an answer to this. I'm sure there are other threads. Do the moderates get free breakfast and 2 CS meals or is one of the CS meals for breakfast?

Also, what sort of CS meals would you be available. Not sure that 14 nights of fast food will suit all of our party. Not been to Disney for several years, but remember there being pizza, burger, chicken places similar to KFC & McDs.

Thanks in advance
As others have already said, at a moderate you get 2 QS/CS meals and 2 snacks per person per night. These can be used for any meal, and you don't have to use the daily allocation each day. Your whole party's allocation of credits get loaded to your account when you check in and you can use them in any way that you want. You don't lose them if you don't use the daily allocation - they just stay on the account. They expire at midnight on the day you check out.

Some of the meals are quote large, do it's ready to share. If we were eating at our resort, then we'd use our refillable mug for drink and swap the drink out for a snack credit item that could either be used for breakfast or saved until later. We also take the variety packs of cereal with us for days when we just want a quick breakfast in our room before heading out for the day.

There's plenty of food on the plan, and loads of variety. In 5 trips I haven't eaten a single burger! I wrote a QSDP report during our trip last April which has photos of everything we ate plus details of how we used our credits. We did pay for 3 table service meals, bit that was because we wanted to, rather than out of necessity. Here's the link to it: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1013966

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 09:11 AM.
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Do SSR and OKW usually get released at the same time as free dining? I don't see them for my dates yet! I'm mainly looking at POFQ but also interested in OKW
They usually get released with free dining so it’s not unusual not to see them.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyHoneymoon View Post
They keep removing the 'standard room' option for my dates at CBR. Every time they add them back on, I get palpitations, because I'm sure that means the offer has gone live.
That happens when the offer is released too. They'll remove them for a while, then put them back on. I think it's a ploy to get people to panic book in to the more expensive category rooms.

With places like the Beach Club though, there are very few standard rooms available, so they do sell out quickly. At a moderate resort, you should be fine, but it's tense! I've booked a non-standard room twice now only for them to reappear a few days later. I have then changed to a standard room, but lost £50 of the room cost saving in the process

loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Yes, but there have been occasions in the past where it's taken a couple of extra days for them to properly appear.