Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Sep 18, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Day 10 - Five Have Fun In Florida (& The Bahamas)

I woke at 7 and relaxed until 8. We had loosely planned to visit typhoon lagoon. My crew all had a long lay in this morning. Once everyone was ready we decided to go ahead and left for typhoon at 11.00. We’ve never as a family had a successful visit to this park so we were hoping for a good day.

As we entered the park Lilo was meeting guests by the surf board outside the shop so the kids got a picture.

We then walked to find somewhere to stow the bag, flip flops and towels. We stopped at a small area just past misadventure falls. We found 2 of the short chairs so left our gear and went to ride. This was a good start and we all liked this one. There were photo pass photographers at the end. When we got out of the raft I asked for the card and was told they’d missed us due to a switch over of staff.

Luckily I’d taken a couple of my own snaps!

We moved on to the crush and gusher slides. We went on the coconut slide, again this was good, but a bumpy ride!

We moved on to look for the other family raft ride. We’ve never rode this before so had to consult the map where we bumped into Stitch!

We made our way over and rode gangplank falls which felt like it was over before it started!

View from the top.

We travelled back to misadventure falls via the lazy river as I really wanted a photo pass picture.

We all rode again. The photographer missed the kids raft out as was multi tasking eating lunch as well as snapping pictures. Alex and I got snapped though!

It was now 2.00 and we were hungry. We ate at Typhoon Tilly’s. The food was okay Alex and I had a fish and shrimp basket. Bron a tuna sandwich and Bay fish and chips. Mona did not like any of the options so asked for a side of fries!

Once we were done we decided to head to winter summer land for a game of crazy golf. The sky darkened as we walked back to the car. We made the decision to continue to golf as the rain began to ease. Once there however a lightning storm arrived and all games were suspended. We were told we could go back later and they would honour the game.

We went back to the resort to chill, I had a brief catnap. Alex booked us a DVC tour slot whilst I slept. Whilst at typhoon lagoon water had got into my ears and my hearing had become muffled, the sensation was really bothering me and I woke and still felt awful.

We got ready for our evening, dinner at Ohana and 2 fast passes, Peter Pan and the mine train. We went via winter summer land and played the winter course.

We sped our game up by missing some of the holes in order to make our reservation. We love the Polynesian, we stayed there in 2010 and always return to eat.

Once checked in to Ohana we had a lengthy wait for a table. They then put the 5 of us on a table that would’ve been more suited for a 4! We had 1 small bread between the 5 so a slither each. The meat eaters food was brought out and us none meat eaters sat waiting and waited some more.

We spoke to the server to explain we’d come out to eat together not separately he said he had ordered our food but it had been missed. He apologised and was really sweet. He said the manager would be over.

We were then brought some oily crackers and 2 dips.

I asked for some plain noodles and a small bowl was brought.

The skewers came for the meat eaters and a bowl of vegetables came.

We were lastly served desert which is probably my favourite desert at Disney.

We always eat at Ohana however service and food has always been hit and miss. We have the dining plan but I would not be happy to pay the set charge, which is not cheap for crackers dips, vegetables and a small bowl of plain noodles. I think the vegetarian offerings are poor.

Once we’d finished we monorailed to the magic kingdom and the fireworks were going off. Mona told me she now hates fireworks so walked with fingers in ears to ride Peter Pan.

We then rode the mine train, Winnie the Pooh and Mona and Bay rode the teacups and we headed out.

We were going to ride haunted mansion but Mona said she wouldn’t be riding at night. She used to love this ride but seems to have suddenly developed quite a few fears in the last couple of weeks.

Getting out of magic kingdom was a nightmare. I have only experienced it as bad as this once before when Bay was 2 and Bron 5. We waited for and rode the resort monorail. It took us 45 minutes to get back to the car which we were all very glad to see!

We all felt like this!

We arrived back at the resort and got showered. We have an early for us start tomorrow with breakfast at the garden grill in Epcot.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good but busy day shame your meal was not a good experience

Joan
Old 2 Sep 18, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Beanie1
Proud to wear my Ears

You really are packing lots in! We are just back and there's no way we could keep up with you! Lovely report, really enjoying reading along. X
Beanie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good but busy day shame your meal was not a good experience

Joan
Thanks for reading Joan. I’ve always found Ohana to be hit and miss. I do like the desert there though!
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beanie1 View Post
You really are packing lots in! We are just back and there's no way we could keep up with you! Lovely report, really enjoying reading along. X
We are back today! Thank you so much for reading and commenting, I’m glad you’re enjoying x