Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Dec 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JayTheDisneyDad
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We fly out on Monday 16th with easyjet.

Alternatively we could drive via Euro tunnel... Do I wait until Monday and plan to get the plane as usual until they cancel the flight or should I make plans now and book euro tunnel? What is/would everyone else do?
JayTheDisneyDad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JayTheDisneyDad View Post
We fly out on Monday 16th with easyjet.

Alternatively we could drive via Euro tunnel... Do I wait until Monday and plan to get the plane as usual until they cancel the flight or should I make plans now and book euro tunnel? What is/would everyone else do?
It's your call, but I would wait to hear from the airline first. It doesn't necessarily mean all flights will be cancelled. Once they have worked it out they will let you know in advance - it is not likely that you won't find out until the day, you'll get some notice.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
janey2000
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
Monday 16th looks to be the next strike day. FGTE / CFDT have filed for a general transport stike so that could be anything.
Does this mean the weekend will be effected too, like it is at the moment even though its not actually a strike day? We are this sunday and i just don't know how to get from gare du nord to disney as the options are all looking likely to be unavailable (going on what happened sunday just gone)

Pre trip report - Aug 2014 Florida and Georgia
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=794593
janey2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by janey2000 View Post
Does this mean the weekend will be effected too, like it is at the moment even though its not actually a strike day? We are this sunday and i just don't know how to get from gare du nord to disney as the options are all looking likely to be unavailable (going on what happened sunday just gone)
Have you tried to contact Eurostar to see if they can move you to the DLP direct service? They have offered this FOC to other posters because of the strikes.

What time is your train due in? There has been limited service on the RER lines between certain hours this week, Sunday’s details probably won’t be confirmed until the day before though.

Edit: if you do end up arriving into GDN with no RER service, then your options are a private shuttle (around €70 with RS Transports for example) or an Uber would be around €90.

Edited at 06:15 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

It has been planned for some time. It also seems to be a transport union (freight) but being France there could be anyone joining in.

cfdt-transports-environne...e-de-presse-15

This might be an inverse of the last strike, i.e. roads blocked but train lines open. But who knows... We fly the day after and are not changing our plans.

Edited at 11:26 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bigplan415
Getting Excited

The page I've linked below (hopefully!) is helpful for detailing which RER trains are running on strike days. It seems to be updated each afternoon for the next day and so far whenever I've looked they are running trains from Paris to DLP at similar times each strike day - morning and evening rush hour only.

parisbytrain/paris-rer-train-strike-2019/

PS If coming into Gare du Nord on Eurostar and needing to get to RER line A for a DLP train you'd usually take RER line B first and change at Chatelet les Halles. If line B isn't running google maps says it's about 30 minutes walk from Gare du Nord to Chatelet - not ideal with luggage or kids, but could be a viable option for some. I'm no expert and have never travelled on this route before but thought I'd share what I found when researching our options.

Edited at 11:34 PM.
bigplan415 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

At what point do airlines contact you to let you know if your flight is affected? Do they let you go a diff flight? Tried to call EJ today held for ages but they are super busy (understandably)
Old 12 Dec 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

I imagine 24 hours, thats pretty much all the notice they get from staff.

Since we have insurance and it covers cancellation from strikes (irrespective of arguing with Air France if it is their employees striking), we intend to phone insurance whilst we are driving to the chunnel/ferry and book enroute - this will be overnight as soon as we get notice of cancellation as the ferries and chunnel will book up quickly even in the early hours/off peak routes. We have a "France car pack" and car insurance anyway.

There are two drivers and the kids arent fussed on long journeys. We will sleep in the car if necessary :-)

Besides, the kids dont know we are going yet, we were going to give them the tickets and show them the packed suitcases when they got home from last day at school. This way we will tell them we are visiting family (who live on south coast) and that isnt out of the norm for us. Wonder how far we can get before they twig.

Edited at 09:49 AM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
janey2000
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
Have you tried to contact Eurostar to see if they can move you to the DLP direct service? They have offered this FOC to other posters because of the strikes.

What time is your train due in? There has been limited service on the RER lines between certain hours this week, Sunday’s details probably won’t be confirmed until the day before though.

Edit: if you do end up arriving into GDN with no RER service, then your options are a private shuttle (around €70 with RS Transports for example) or an Uber would be around €90.
They have told me they wont do anything unless my train is cancelled.

Pre trip report - Aug 2014 Florida and Georgia
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=794593
janey2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Has anyone made plans changing at Lille during the strike?

We have the direct train home but the direct train put a week from today is one seat short. Very much hoping some person cancels their seat on that train but I bet I’m not the only one with that hope.

Haven’t told DS so cancelling is still an option but of course... I don’t want to! *makes crying Olaf face*

The strike organisers made a statement today that they don’t intend to break for Christmas, so I think I have to prepare for next Friday to still be a strike day.

Anyway, if anyone has any insight on Lille, I’m all ears. Thanks.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List