Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Aug 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
Yes and also the fact that I was booking flights only on virgin Atlantic originally and it came up with flight and car and flight and hotel at the end so I just added the car hire which apparently then makes it a Virgin holidays booking ! When they shunted us to Manchester from Glasgow and gave no help I took my complaint all the way to there exec office and they point blank refused to budge , Virgin Atlantic sent me a questionnaire asking to share my experience with them which you can imagine was not good , a lovely girl from their exec team called me and took it up and said she would contact virgin holidays as she was appalled at the way they had treated us but her counterpart at virgin holidays called me and basically tore strips off of me for speaking to Virgin Atlantic and at the end of it just reiterated that even though other customers may have received something they would not discuss that with me and the answer was still the same accept the change , move the booking or take my money back ! With everything else booked I stayed put , The only reason I’m considering using them at all is like the rest of you we are so desperate to get back and after such a long time we would prefer to get there by the shortest method ! It just beggars belief that two arms of the same company can be so different with regards to customer service ! Apologies for the rant 🤦🏻xxx
I worked for a company where Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Money were both customers of ours and it was made clear to us that each Virgin Company was a separate entity. I agree, it's completely unfair as you were booking flights and then added on a car hire which then shifted you under VH instead. Seems like they know every trick in the book.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
Yes and also the fact that I was booking flights only on virgin Atlantic originally and it came up with flight and car and flight and hotel at the end so I just added the car hire which apparently then makes it a Virgin holidays booking ! When they shunted us to Manchester from Glasgow and gave no help I took my complaint all the way to there exec office and they point blank refused to budge , Virgin Atlantic sent me a questionnaire asking to share my experience with them which you can imagine was not good , a lovely girl from their exec team called me and took it up and said she would contact virgin holidays as she was appalled at the way they had treated us but her counterpart at virgin holidays called me and basically tore strips off of me for speaking to Virgin Atlantic and at the end of it just reiterated that even though other customers may have received something they would not discuss that with me and the answer was still the same accept the change , move the booking or take my money back ! With everything else booked I stayed put , The only reason I’m considering using them at all is like the rest of you we are so desperate to get back and after such a long time we would prefer to get there by the shortest method ! It just beggars belief that two arms of the same company can be so different with regards to customer service ! Apologies for the rant 🤦🏻xxx
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
That would put me off booking a package with them.
Me too, we've had really good cust service from VA even though we were originally a netflights booking (looooong story), this would 100% put me off doing anything other than flight only.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Is our flights are cancelled - VA reward flights - any know how long we can ‘do nothing’ for? Really want to move to next year September so would need to wait until those flights opened I guess? Is this possible?
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Is our flights are cancelled - VA reward flights - any know how long we can ‘do nothing’ for? Really want to move to next year September so would need to wait until those flights opened I guess? Is this possible?
I've been sat on a cancelled reward flight only booking since mid April. It shows as an open ticket in G class on my account valid until May 2022 but I believe this will extend to Apr 2023 if I don't use it yet.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

oh good to hear - do you need to find a reward seat to use it do you know? I am hoping just to move to the exact same as i have but 1 year out so moving my 24th Sept 2021 flight to 25th Sept 2022 - if we get cancelled but really don't want to have to find a reward seat if we can help it
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Is anyone else still waiting for their cancellation email for early sept. Ours was 4th sept and still haven’t had anything - I’m trying to be patient!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RiverandMummy View Post
Is anyone else still waiting for their cancellation email for early sept. Ours was 4th sept and still haven’t had anything - I’m trying to be patient!
I wouldn't wait any longer I would contact Virgin as soon as you get the chance.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Andy9137
Very Serious Dibber

We have had the email that our flights on 8th September are cancelled and it would be reflected in the booking over the weekend allowing us to cancel and get a refund. This has not happened and the flights are still showing in our booking. Assume they are working through the backlog.

Andy9137 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
I wouldn't wait any longer I would contact Virgin as soon as you get the chance.
Thanks. I’ll try contact them today. Xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
toffeeman0
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Does anyone know if you can move flights to next year if they aren't out yet? So September/October? ☹
Yes I would like to know the same and also would there be a price increase