Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jan 22, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

We go two weeks today, this is our third time lucky after having to cancel two previous trips (not a moan just how it was for everyone). First time staying onsite after 5 times staying on iDrive. We're not expecting it to be the same but its not the same as our 2018 trip due to different hotel, no car etc. It might be the last time we go for a while as other places are calling, but we've also worked non stop apart from the odd long weekend and two odd weeks off as we're local government so we're looking forwards to being somewhere different where we don't have to worry about work, overtime, emergencies or family moans.

Happy to share my views once we're back too.
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

So some very different experiences from everyone.

Maybe it’s just the January blues.

It’s good to know that (at present) it’s only a lateral flow that needs to be done homeward bound.

Like many others, we were meant to go in 2020 so I guess that’s a long time to maintain high levels of excitement!
Old 12 Jan 22, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
We go two weeks today, this is our third time lucky after having to cancel two previous trips (not a moan just how it was for everyone). First time staying onsite after 5 times staying on iDrive. We're not expecting it to be the same but its not the same as our 2018 trip due to different hotel, no car etc. It might be the last time we go for a while as other places are calling, but we've also worked non stop apart from the odd long weekend and two odd weeks off as we're local government so we're looking forwards to being somewhere different where we don't have to worry about work, overtime, emergencies or family moans.

Happy to share my views once we're back too.
It will be our first time onsite too (for 5 nights) so that’s something I should definitely be feeling excited about!
Old 12 Jan 22, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’ve just been for 5 weeks, was it as good as before probably not but it was a million times better than I was expecting!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

We were there before Xmas and had an amazing time. We enjoyed it as much as ever and this was our 12th visit. Probably the only thing we didn’t enjoy as much is it is difficult to plan and for us the planning was part of the holiday. But once there we loved it.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
pudding
Very Serious Dibber

At the airport coming home i want to stay longer and not come home,its defo not as it was but we still enjoyed it,it was so busy but i think its because the marathon was on,it was a different experience but i would hate to be here in the height of summer having to wear a mask it was just about bearable
We did rope drop for pandora it was heaving so in line i paid $11 for lightening lane i just couldnt queue it was packed
Also at MCO the verifly wasnt working at their end so that was all pointless

Pudding

Edited at 02:10 AM.
pudding is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
For me, its a no. I'm not spending £10k to wear a mask on holiday. It wasn't too bad in Cyrpus or Rhodes last year but that was because we only spent £2.5k!

I will wait until restrictions have been lifted.
We are booked Aug and I have said the same, if masks and testing is still here we wont be paying all that money.
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

It’s absolutely not the same!

The question really should be, does the changes concern you.

Personally I hate all the Testing, extreme crowd levels and masks but they are all temporary and things on that side will go back to normal at some point. When is a separate question though!

But genie and LL are here to stay.

I personally do not like the idea of genie and LL. Fastpass was one of the things that separated Disney from the rest.

Now they are happy to have long queues to encourage paying for rides which is straight out of the Merlin playbook!

So no, it’s not the same and never will be.

But it’s still amazing.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

We’re also going in the summer and my planning mojo is at zero but I suppose that’s because there’s nothing to plan yet now dining is 60 days ..
We have decided not to bother with the paid for Genie+ as I’ve not heard great things and it really doesn’t seem good value so that’s a bit of a downer but oh well!
I’m still excited about going as going to St Augustine for the first time as well as royal pacific (we always stay at HRH).
This trip will be different but hopefully just as good as previous ones!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by jstephens View Post
we were late December and the arrival time through MCO took 3 hours :omg
We fly into Tampa and highly recommend it. It took us less than 2hrs from landing to opening the door at the villa in Champions Gate and that included the first food shop at Publix.

It was empty and easy to navigate

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List