Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Nov 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed in an Airbnb at Mar Vista to go sightseeing in LA, Venice Beach and Santa Monica before going up the coast to San Francisco. This was the right side of LA for our plans.
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
jo21977
Excited about Disney

Another vote for Burbank! We’ve based ourselves there twice for “LA”, easy to move around from and a nice area!
Old 28 Nov 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve stayed at both Burbank and Glendale for visiting Universal, Chinese Theatre, Griffith Observatory etc, the drive from there has always been easy and relatively quiet.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

We also stayed in Burbank and found it a great base to visit the beaches, Hollywood, 6 Flags theme park and many more
Old 11 Jan 22, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I like Santa Monica - my tastes change but after staying at Anaheim and Venice (yeah I know it was c30 years go !) I would go and stay there as its so well situated. I often stay a could of nights around Hollywood too but, unfortunately , many of the hotels I used haven’t survived covid like the legendary and original Standard
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

We are visiting for our first west coast holiday in 6 weeks, a very last minute trip as only just booked. We are splitting the trip between Anaheim and Burbank area. We have booked 'The Garland Hotel ' for the LA part, as it looks lovely and also has a free shuttle to the metro station/ universal so we can access anywhere from there. Haven't stayed yet so can't comment but hoping it's got a very chilled vibe.
nursetina is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We have now cancelled this trip 3 times, booked again for summer. Previous trips we have stayed in Santa Monica which is nice.
We had booked Burbank/ Glendale ourselves last aborted trip (Mrs YT sorted it, think it was Residence Inn as those who know Mrs YT, knows she loves laundry facilities on holiday, heck we have had to book Elara for that reason in Vegas) and trip before that we had an aborted trip to Garland (who were great on refund) booked, but this time we went for Kimpton Palomar. We are staying at Grand Californian before and Mrs YT was successfully persuaded she didn’t need laundry for the last 3 nights as she has it in room there. I’m hoping the Kimpton is good, otherwise I’ll have issues.

Edited at 11:50 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
We have now cancelled this trip 3 times, booked again for summer. Previous trips we have stayed in Santa Monica which is nice.
We had booked Burbank/ Glendale ourselves last aborted trip (Mrs YT sorted it, think it was Residence Inn as those who know Mrs YT, knows she loves laundry facilities on holiday, heck we have had to book Elara for that reason in Vegas) and trip before that we had an aborted trip to Garland (who were great on refund) booked, but this time we went for Kimpton Palomar. We are staying at Grand Californian before and Mrs YT was successfully persuaded she didn’t need laundry for the last 3 nights as she has it in room there. I’m hoping the Kimpton is good, otherwise I’ll have issues.
When do you go?

This is my second go at this trip. 1st one was cancelled back in September 20. We've had to adapt it as prices gone up so much. Our 1st trip we were going to Vegas 1st, staying at the venetian for 4 nights, then driving to LA and staying at the Garland 5 nights then 5 nights at Hilton Anaheim. Car for whole trip, direct flights all for a fantastic price.
This time we've not got a car as too costly, had to cut-out Vegas and have changed from Hilton Anaheim to Fairfield inn, which I think is better due to location. Slightly shorter as 11 nights rather than 14.
nursetina is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
When do you go?

This is my second go at this trip. 1st one was cancelled back in September 20. We've had to adapt it as prices gone up so much. Our 1st trip we were going to Vegas 1st, staying at the venetian for 4 nights, then driving to LA and staying at the Garland 5 nights then 5 nights at Hilton Anaheim. Car for whole trip, direct flights all for a fantastic price.
This time we've not got a car as too costly, had to cut-out Vegas and have changed from Hilton Anaheim to Fairfield inn, which I think is better due to location. Slightly shorter as 11 nights rather than 14.
Sorry to hear you have had to revise down, hopefully it will go ahead- should do.
See my countdown as to when we go. I agree, Vegas is quite pricey, much more than last year.
We have booked Grand Californian on DVC points. Currently I have a week booked in a 1 bed but I’m dropping 3 nights as it’s very points intensive and nearly costing me my entire annual points at 388 I think it is. But cash, the 1 beds there are ludicrous, over $1500 a night usually in summer, no way would I pay that so that saves us a lot of money as the dues on those points is about £2k pa. So I’ll get four nights in a 1 bed suite for something like £1200 in dues or about £300 a night, a fifth of the cash price. It’s a big suite though with full kitchen, living room and laundry (for Mrs YT). When you think I can currently book a 1 night in a studio in Hilton Head for Jan/ Feb for a minuscule 6 points a night, it shows you how expensive those Grand Californian 1 beds are in summer in both DVC points and cash.
I booked a package deal with BA with the car, and the car wasn’t any worse than usual this way.

Edited at 10:10 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List