Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jan 22, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Have you ever.

Brought something expensive in the USA like phone camera iPad etc not t shirts 😆 just being nosey
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Yeah quite a few items, when the exchange gate is good, apple tend to sell the same price $199 / £199 so it’s a no brainer.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Yes - when it was c$2 to the £ but not recently as when you have paid the duty tax when returning to UK it could work out more expensive than buying here (as it did for a friend buying his Apple Watch in LA last month when customs worked out the tax he could have got much cheaper on Regent Street)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

As above, not recently as it doesn't work out much cheaper now. Same is true for the small things too. I only buy things that I can't get something suitable here.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I noticed on my last trip prices for everything (food, drink and clothes) were much more that they used to be even with exchange rate - I actually bought nothing at all to bring back, I first for me but I can get what I want in UK and cheaper
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

As others have said - when the exchange rate was good, I’ve bought laptops. Nothing ‘big’ in recent years though
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Both my kids bought I pads years ago, son bought a expensive phone in Best Buy for about £500. It was a open box and it would of cost £800 in the uk, it lasted him a long time. We haven’t been since 2018 so not in a while.
Old 17 Jan 22, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottermouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Like others have said, when the exchange rate was good we’ve bought Tiffany jewellery, 3 Apple watches, Timberland boots, Michael Koors bags as well as the usual trainers, clothes etc.

Wynnfield Inn Sept 00, Spring Hill Suites LBV Oct 07, POR Aug 08 & Aug 09, Sandy Ridge Villa Oct 10, Sheraton Park Anaheim 11, Scottsdale 12, Las Vegas Jun 13, Scottsdale 14, Dallas 15, OKW 16, Cuba 17, Cuba 18, Beach Club 19 & Kraków Nov 19.
Pottermouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Kids bought Game Boys years ago, but nothing since.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

We bought our sons first Ipad in America.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List