Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Dec 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
bean-disney
Apprentice Imagineer

bean-disney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Air Canada?

Evening Dibbers

Merry Christmas from Scotland.

Looking at possibly flying with Air Canada next year to Florida via Toronto and wondering if anyone has done it and what was it like?

Tia
Old 25 Dec 17, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Merry xmas from south west Scotland...Nope..The thought of flying indirect has never appealed to us..I have a friend who flew from Glasgow to Amsterdam then to New York then Orlando..Whit! ..Saved £200... We have just booked for next year in November from Glasgow to MCO with VA...Its cheaper than last year flying from Manchester..£1,814 for three adults including pre booked seats in the bubble..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 17, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Nothing wrong with indirect. This is from someone who has actually done it though!
Depending on the connection it can be just as quick door to door as you clear immigration at your first arrival point rather than Orlando so when you land at Orlando you just grab your bags and go. Add on the substantial savings to be made and it's definitely worth considering.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

So long as it is Air Canada, check it isn't their Air Canada Rouge offering which is very sub standard (more like long distance Ryan Air)

It's cheap but that is the only thing going for it, if it isn't at least 200 quid cheaper per person than your other options you will probably end up regretting not paying a little more
Old 25 Dec 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Merry Christmas. We did this last year. Air Canada to Canada and then air Canada rouge from Canada to mco. Clearing immigration in Canada is much easier and quieter than I have ever witnessed at mco. I would do it again if the price was cheap.
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
bean-disney
Apprentice Imagineer

bean-disney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thank you for your replies... I think it it the rouge that flies from Edinburgh to Toronto then onto Florida ... price is looking at £2900 for 4 adults and 3 kids in July! Don’t think ill get cheaper than that... but the long distance Ryanair thing is bugging me lol

Hmmmm may have to wait for a sale and hope for the nest
Old 25 Dec 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
bella
VIP Dibber

bella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by eeyoremad View Post
Merry Christmas. We did this last year. Air Canada to Canada and then air Canada rouge from Canada to mco. Clearing immigration in Canada is much easier and quieter than I have ever witnessed at mco. I would do it again if the price was cheap.
I did this last year too and agree it was easy. Doing it again next year but staying in Canada to do Niagara falls and Toronto for a few days before flying on down to Orlando. The announcements in both English and French are a bit annoying after a while though!
bella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 17, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bean-disney View Post
Evening Dibbers

Merry Christmas from Scotland.

Looking at possibly flying with Air Canada next year to Florida via Toronto and wondering if anyone has done it and what was it like?

Tia
Often do that route and we love it. Air Canada is our fav airlines and being able to do immigration in Toronto means it is so easy when you arrive in MCO. I would definitely recommend. Just ensure enough time for the turnaround - I would say try 2.5 to 3 hours out and 1.5 to 2 returning.
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 17, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by bean-disney View Post
Thank you for your replies... I think it it the rouge that flies from Edinburgh to Toronto then onto Florida ... price is looking at £2900 for 4 adults and 3 kids in July! Don’t think ill get cheaper than that... but the long distance Ryanair thing is bugging me lol

Hmmmm may have to wait for a sale and hope for the nest
Don't worry. Air Canada are great. Just like any other long haul operator. We've flown with them twice to Calgary and are doing the same in 15 days!

I think the Ryanair comment is aimed at Air Canada Rouge - their short haul side. No experience there im afraid.

Katie
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 17, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We went through Air Canada through Toronto and it was really stressful due to short connection time. Make sure you have at least an hour and a half. Plus, Air Canada oversold there tickets when we went and kicked people off the flight. All flights oversell their seats but this was the first time I’ve seen people rejected from a flight.