Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 22 Mar 18, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsG26
Excited about Disney

Mobile London during Easter Hols

Hi, I’m planning a 4 day trip in London for my myself, partner and my 10 year old daughter. It’s her first time in London, we usually go abroad for our trips so feel a little lost as to what to do. I thought about usual tourist things like Buckingham Palace and Covent Garden/Leicester Square etc & London Eye (although I’m terrified of heights) She’s a foodie so know she’ll enjoy china town and Borough market. But I’f anyone has any other suggestions or things to do It would be greatly appreciated. I did think about taking her to see Wicked but at nearly £200 for tickets I don’t want to spend that and for her not to enjoy it. Same with Harry Potter Studios. We’ve been to WwofHP at universal and I just can’t see how the studios in London would compare. If you have Any suggestions of anything you’ve done with your kids in London that theyve enjoyed I would love to hear them.

Thanks,
Dec 09/10: Xmas & New Year in Australia. 2010: La Croix Du Vieux Pont, Paris. 2011: Barbados, Duinrell & La Croix Du Vieux Pont 2012: Bella Italia, Lake Garda 2013: Tenerife 2014: Dubai, Benidorm 2015: New York , Orlando 2016: Tenerife, DLP 2017: Tenerife, Olu Deniz, Benalmadena 2018: Berlin, Tenerife, Dubai
MrsG26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

British Museum with the kids audio guide (featuring Zob or is it Zog the alien), really well done and not expensive. Lots of good museum options - science, natural history should all have something to interest most kids and my DD enjoyed at around that age
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Some ideas here:

timeout/london/thing...ties-in-london

Just to say the Making of Harry Potter at Leavesden's Warner Bros studios is a totally different experience to the theme parks. It's about how the films were made and allows you access to many of the original sets. it has to be booked in advance.

Edited at 08:01 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Karababe
Excited about Disney

Hi

I live in London and i am a huge fan of 'day seating'
Go and queue in the am early 7/8am for front row tickets for Wicked at £29.50 a pop

sarah x
Karababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

I know you say your terrified of heights, but if you're considering Borough Market wouid The Shard be an option rather than the London Eye? Once you go in you can stay for as long as you want too.

Weve done and enjoyed both but thought the Shard was amazing. Plus the lifts and toilets a real experience !
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsG26
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Karababe View Post
Hi

I live in London and i am a huge fan of 'day seating'
Go and queue in the am early 7/8am for front row tickets for Wicked at £29.50 a pop

sarah x
Is this the booth in Leicester Square or something different? Would be up for trying that, we arrive 7th April at 8am so maybe worth heading straight there to see what’s available although I’ve a feeling with it being Easter school holidays it will be busy. Thanks
Dec 09/10: Xmas & New Year in Australia. 2010: La Croix Du Vieux Pont, Paris. 2011: Barbados, Duinrell & La Croix Du Vieux Pont 2012: Bella Italia, Lake Garda 2013: Tenerife 2014: Dubai, Benidorm 2015: New York , Orlando 2016: Tenerife, DLP 2017: Tenerife, Olu Deniz, Benalmadena 2018: Berlin, Tenerife, Dubai
MrsG26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsG26
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
I know you say your terrified of heights, but if you're considering Borough Market wouid The Shard be an option rather than the London Eye? Once you go in you can stay for as long as you want too.

Weve done and enjoyed both but thought the Shard was amazing. Plus the lifts and toilets a real experience !
I’ve done Top of the Rock in Nee York and wasn’t as scared as I thought I would have been but then I didn’t linger too long I outside. I don’t think I will feel safe on the Eye but my daughter wants to do it. I will look at the shard for a different perspective, thanks
Old 22 Mar 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by MrsG26 View Post
Is this the booth in Leicester Square or something different? Would be up for trying that, we arrive 7th April at 8am so maybe worth heading straight there to see what’s available although I’ve a feeling with it being Easter school holidays it will be busy. Thanks
You can do the booth but you might not get the show you want. But tickets for Wicked start at £19.50 for the cheapest. I'm a big fan of the cheap seats, I'd rather see 3 shows for £20 each than 1 show for £60!

Of course, they may not be available for the dates you're going, but it's worth a try. Looking on the site, the Monday night has them for £24.25.

The 'day seats' referred to above means turning up at the theatre earlier and queuing for seats which are released on the day at cheap prices. Can be a great thing to do and can get you a bargain, particularly in the week.

You might also try entering the lottery for Hamilton - you could be lucky enough to win £10 seats!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Also what about an afternoon tea? Loads in London with special themes - Beauty and the Beast, Alice etc.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

A trip to M&M World in Leicester Square, Ripley's Believe it or Not, London Zoo, Hamley's Toy Store, Bank of England Museum, Madame Tussauds, Tower of London to name but a few.

visitlondon/things-t...caAg0uEALw_wcB
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List