Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 12 May 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

Holiday in North Devon - things to do

Hi all we will be staying 1 week soon in North Devon. There will be DH, two teenagers, an active OAP and myself. It has been a long time since we were last there so any suggestions on places to visit, must sees, things to do, would be greatly appreciated.
Old 13 May 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

Any Dibbers living there?
Old 13 May 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bigplan415
Getting Excited

When I was in North Devon a few years my favourite day was hiring a bike and cycling the Tarka trail - that may suit your group.
bigplan415 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m from North Devon although no longer live there. Where are you staying and how old are the children? We go ‘home’ lots but my children are much younger.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

We went on holiday to North Devon last year and loved it. A few of our favourite places:

Lynton & Lynmouth - park in Lynton and walk down the cliff path to Lynmouth. Take the cable car back up.

Dunkery Beacon - a steep walk up to the beacon but the view is stunning. You can see Wales and Dartmoor on a clear day.

Knighthayes near Bideford - lovely grounds. We had the dog with us so couldn’t go in the house.

Arlington Court - again lovely walk. Visit the carriage collection and the guides will be more than willing to talk you through the different carriages on display.

Putsborough Sands - we went here because it was a dog friendly beach but it is split into 2. Roads are really narrow getting to it but it was lovely and sandy.

Minehead - take the steam train to Bishops Lydeard or hop off on route at one of the lovely villages.

Dunster - didn’t go there this time but I have previously visited and it is lovely.

Lots of lovely places to eat as well. Best find was the Exmoor Forest Inn at Simonsbath.

To be fair we just used to get in the car and walk. We found lots of lovely walks in and around Exmoor.

Loved every minute of the holiday and it has made us want to visit South Devon next time.

Dee
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

My grandchildren love the Milky way adventure park may be a bit young for your children, has a mixture of things to d o golf nets, laser shooting , rides , putting golf, large soft play. Big bouncing pillow, and lots more.
Old 13 May 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
I’m from North Devon although no longer live there. Where are you staying and how old are the children? We go ‘home’ lots but my children are much younger.
Hi they are 15 and 19, happy to be going on holiday with grandpa but equally happy to be on their mobiles for ages!
Looking for things to do which we can all enjoy 😊
Old 13 May 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dan's Mum View Post
We went on holiday to North Devon last year and loved it. A few of our favourite places:

Lynton & Lynmouth - park in Lynton and walk down the cliff path to Lynmouth. Take the cable car back up.

Dunkery Beacon - a steep walk up to the beacon but the view is stunning. You can see Wales and Dartmoor on a clear day.

Knighthayes near Bideford - lovely grounds. We had the dog with us so couldn’t go in the house.

Arlington Court - again lovely walk. Visit the carriage collection and the guides will be more than willing to talk you through the different carriages on display.

Putsborough Sands - we went here because it was a dog friendly beach but it is split into 2. Roads are really narrow getting to it but it was lovely and sandy.

Minehead - take the steam train to Bishops Lydeard or hop off on route at one of the lovely villages.

Dunster - didn’t go there this time but I have previously visited and it is lovely.

Lots of lovely places to eat as well. Best find was the Exmoor Forest Inn at Simonsbath.

To be fair we just used to get in the car and walk. We found lots of lovely walks in and around Exmoor.

Loved every minute of the holiday and it has made us want to visit South Devon next time.

Dee
Thank you a great selection of suggestions.

Lynton and Lynmouth is already on my list as we enjoyed a previous visit.

The steam train sounds a good idea too.
Old 13 May 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Surfing at woolwcombe Bay , great for teens .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

There’s lots of go ape type places. Surfing lessons at one of the beaches. There’s bowling in Barnstaple. So many walks to do and little villages to visit.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List