Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Aug 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Karababe
Excited about Disney

If you can some help please

Hi all,

I am hoping some of you might be a bit bored and like a challenge.
Long story cut a wee bit shorter.

I have booked a holiday to Disney staying at CBR next week arriving on the 16th. It was originally myself hubby and the three kids DS19,DD18 (who receives her a levels the morning before we fly) and DD10 when I booked it last summer. Hubby has some health issues and so will not be joining us, as he said I did it 4 years ago and the kids have those memories.
So I am being brave and going alone with the kids, it is a last hurrah before the older two go off to their chosen universities.

I had looked at doing a night in universal and getting tickets but I was finding it difficult with finances (hubby stays at home so only one wage for our family of 5). I did contemplate getting the tickets and then trying to get an access pass for DD10 who has seNsory processing disorder but I was worried if she didn’t get it we probably couldn’t do it even if we bought the tickets because she wouldnt Cope.

However my dearest mammy died on the 16th December (the 16th is becoming so significant all the time) and daddy has given us her wee bit of savings to us children. Not a lot but £2000 so I went on last night and thought do it. Book the hotel and get tickets but the hotel RPR is sold out on th9mas cook so now I don’t know what to do!

Do you think I will need the hotel or chance it on DD spd?

If you think grab the hotel and enjoy, does anyone know how/where to get the cheapest tickets/ overnight stay on probably the 21st August at the cheapest of the hotels tha5 give you the front of the line passes?

I really appreciate any help or insight and I am sorry for such a long post that has left me crying a bit, my mam would be so excited for us on a holiday of a lifetime.

Sorry if i put this in the wrong place, please do move it if I have done it wrong.

Thank you
Sarah xx
Karababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Beanie1
Proud to wear my Ears

Hello, firstly very sorry to hear of your loss and your husband is unwell. Well done for being brave and going away. We went to universal 2 years ago. My son has autism and I took a letter and i.d. We were given a pass that meant we didnt have to stand in the queue and it really helped. You could then book a cheaper hotel. I have seen people on here using club card points to book hotels.
Have fun whatever you decide. Xx
Beanie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

Whilst a note from your doctor explaining your daughters condition would help, guest services will not ask to look at it. Simply explain the condition and I can guarantee a GAP will be issued. You could e mail visitorsatisfaction/contactus/ in advance explaining that not being issued a GAP would make it impossible for you to tour the park, I am sure you would get a positive e mail in response that you could show guest services when you arrive.
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post

I always book direct, RPR is not available the night you want, but it is available the following night if that is any good? Portofino is available for the night you want, $400 for one night.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Karababe
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I always book direct, RPR is not available the night you want, but it is available the following night if that is any good? Portofino is available for the night you want, $400 for one night.
Ok ,I could change night just play with some fast passes etc.
So rpr direct ?

Sarah x
Karababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Karababe
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Blueste View Post
Whilst a note from your doctor explaining your daughters condition would help, guest services will not ask to look at it. Simply explain the condition and I can guarantee a GAP will be issued. You could e mail visitorsatisfaction/contactus/ in advance explaining that not being issued a GAP would make it impossible for you to tour the park, I am sure you would get a positive e mail in response that you could show guest services when you arrive.
This sounds like a great idea, then I wouldn’t be tied to just the one night and two days at universal but could go other days too if the kids decide they like universal better [mad Harry Potter fans all three of them ]
Old 6 Aug 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Karababe
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Beanie1 View Post
Hello, firstly very sorry to hear of your loss and your husband is unwell. Well done for being brave and going away. We went to universal 2 years ago. My son has autism and I took a letter and i.d. We were given a pass that meant we didnt have to stand in the queue and it really helped. You could then book a cheaper hotel. I have seen people on here using club card points to book hotels.
Have fun whatever you decide. Xx
Thank you Beanie, that. Makes me breathe easier
Old 6 Aug 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Karababe
Excited about Disney

So I think I am going to be brave and buy some tickets!
Old 6 Aug 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a Merida moment and go for it!
Old 6 Aug 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

If others are certain you’ll get the GAP, I’d go for Cabana Bay. We loved it as two adults but it’s amazing for teens and kids alike. Much cheaper than RPR!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List