Notices

View Poll Results: What's the most you'd pay to queue jump a premium attraction?
Nothing, I'm happy to wait hours 80 38.28%
$2-5 per person per ride 81 38.76%
$10 per person per ride 34 16.27%
$15+ per person per ride 14 6.70%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Jul 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Question What's the most you'd pay to queue jump a premium attraction?

1) Nothing, I will queue for hours

2) $5 per person per ride

3) $10 per person per ride

4) $15+ per person per ride

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Nothing. I believe that I pay too much to get in anyway.

That is a major reason why my vacations are now multi centre. I stopped buying into Disney and haven’t been on my last 5 Orlando visits. I can no longer justify Universal either, only buying on every second visit.

Where I began with 14 days in Orlando, I am now down to around 7. If D.C./BG/SW/AQ follow the other 2, then I will ditch them also. There are plenty of other things to do in the States, other than theme parks. Of course if I ditch DC/BG/SW/AQ, then I no longer have any reason to visit a low lying, inland swamp in Florida either.

The thought of giving Orlando a miss does not bother me in the slightest. In fact it enthuses me as I will have more days to explore other areas of the USA.

Orlando is hanging on by a thread!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I'm lucky that my favourite attractions aren't considered headliners, so don't really have long lines. Especially in the morning when all the rope droppers are running for the headliners. So would I pay just to skip a queue? Unlikely. I'm more likely just to skip the ride instead.

I'm not a run from ride to ride kind of park visitor though, so I'm never going to be the target market. I could easily visit some parks and not even set foot on a ride if the queues were too long. I think that might even be true for HS anyway, I only go for the shows and food. If I didn't love the Frozen show so much, I'd skip that park completely.

ETA: Hypothetically, if I was with someone who really wanted to ride a particular headliner and it was a "trip of a lifetime" for them, yes, I would probably pay for queue skip. A couple of queue skips is likely to be far cheaper than a limited attendance event. Although I like those for other reasons.

Edited at 04:04 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Chrissymickey
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Nothing. I believe that I pay too much to get in anyway.

That is a major reason why my vacations are now multi centre. I stopped buying into Disney and haven’t been on my last 5 Orlando visits. I can no longer justify Universal either, only buying on every second visit.

Where I began with 14 days in Orlando, I am now down to around 7. If D.C./BG/SW/AQ follow the other 2, then I will ditch them also. There are plenty of other things to do in the States, other than theme parks. Of course if I ditch DC/BG/SW/AQ, then I no longer have any reason to visit a low lying, inland swamp in Florida either.

The thought of giving Orlando a miss does not bother me in the slightest. In fact it enthuses me as I will have more days to explore other areas of the USA.

Orlando is hanging on by a thread!
Bloody nora fella, if no Orlando enthuses you give your head a wobble and stop booking to go there... be super enthused then
Chrissymickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Chrissymickey View Post
Bloody nora fella, if no Orlando enthuses you give your head a wobble and stop booking to go there... be super enthused then
As I said, we are down to around 7 days in Orlando now and that is at most.

We always go somewhere or somewheres else first and then take an internal into Orlando for the boys. Generally it is around 10 days Florida in total and with 3 of them going down the Gulf Coast to Miami. The beaches and climate are perfect for this.

Orlando is thus, just a part of a whole that could be lengthened of shortened as suits us in future years. I could honestly envisage our flying into Orlando, doing 1 day DC, 1 day SW/AQ and then on to BG as we approach the gulf for our last 3, thus shortening the Florida component yet further.

Into and out of Orlando or even Florida is by far the most expensive way of visiting the USA and we save a great deal with our adventures around the rest of the USA.

There is method in our madness!.. take a look at the Toronto pre trip in my signature.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 04:19 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nope, won’t pay so probably won’t bother going to the Parks. Maybe one day at my favourite at the most.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

I won’t pay but also won’t stand in queues for hours!

Edited to add that if this happens then we will have to see how it goes on our next trip and evaluate if disney is still worth it for us. We don’t just go to Disney for the rides, we go for the atmosphere and entire experience but it’s already expensive to go in so I’m not sure how this will all work out. One of the things I liked about disney was the hopping on and off rides with fastpasses.

Edited at 04:29 PM.
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstielou
Imagineer

As above. I wont pay extra as the holiday cost enough in the first place! I also wont spend hours in any queues.

Last time we went to Universal, we asked for our money back as we had only managed to get on a couple of rides and the actual queue times were nowhere near accurate. We had our twins with us and they had just turned 6. They were not happy at the queues at all. We did not enter any queue line that stated 60 minutes or more as we knew the kids would not be able to handle it.
Twins 2nd visit May/June 2022
kirstielou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

50 cents.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

As I have said before I will pay extra. We do not visit Disney frequently, only now with our family and its not a whole holiday, the most time we would spend in Orlando is a week out of a three week holiday maybe every three or four years. We are more interested in other parts of the world or different areas of the US.

So, I would pay extra to ride what we want quickly and efficiently without standing in line. It is no different than the choice of staying a deluxe hotel, flying in a more comfy seat or booking a Cabana at Discovery Cove.You pay your money and make your choice.

I wil happily pay.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List