Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
derbylass
VIP Dibber

Booking Flights Direct With Disney

We already have our disney hotel and tickets booked for 2022 direct with Disney. I have had a quick look at the cost of a package that includes flights and to be honest the prices aren't too bad (£2100 return for 3 adults economy).

My question is, has anyone had any experience of booking economy seats and upgrading to premium economy when they are available as we really want to go premium next time?
derbylass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

If you really want to go premium next time then I'd book premium and not hope for an upgrade from economy.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
derbylass
VIP Dibber

I'm not hoping for an upgrade I want to book premium but they aren't available to book yet I don't fly until September 2022

My question was had anyone booked economy just to get the flight booked and then changed to premium once premium became available as the economy seats are coming up as a good price.
derbylass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Your post suggests that premium economy seats are released later than economy seats? I have never heard that before and do not believe it is the case.

I would echo the previous poster, if you want premium economy then book premium economy, because once you have booked economy all you can do is hope that the option to upgrade becomes available.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

You may want to check with Disney, as they will usually book you flights that can’t be upgraded. This is definitely what happens with Virgin. Not sure about BA.
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

As above, often you will be booked onto the lowest bucket economy fares which can't be upgraded. If you want to fly premium, wait a few more weeks until the flights are released and book them then.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Having previously booked BA flights with Disney I can confirm they do book you on cheapest non changeable flights so be careful

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by derbylass View Post
We already have our disney hotel and tickets booked for 2022 direct with Disney. I have had a quick look at the cost of a package that includes flights and to be honest the prices aren't too bad (£2100 return for 3 adults economy).

My question is, has anyone had any experience of booking economy seats and upgrading to premium economy when they are available as we really want to go premium next time?
Your countdown is hard to read but it looks like you’re going around the 19th September 2022?
If so, £700 each for economy is an awful price for flights for September. £500 max.

Edited at 08:37 PM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
To be fair Im looking to book around 13 Sep 2022 and prices so far have been MUCH more expensive than usual for September

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Triciamcl View Post
To be fair Im looking to book around 13 Sep 2022 and prices so far have been MUCH more expensive than usual for September
BA have only released up to the 13th September so far. Virgin are 25 days behind that.
Travel agent prices don’t count in my book 😬.

Edited at 12:24 PM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List