Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Oct 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
This thread had me checking what we paid in August 2018 - just found the booking email...

Disneyland Hotel
August 19 (Sun), 2018 - August 23 (Thu), 2018
Standard View

2 Adults, 2 Children (15, 8)

Date Rate per Night
Aug. 19 Sunday $334.40
Aug. 20 Monday $334.40
Aug. 21 Tuesday $334.40
Aug. 22 Wednesday $334.40

...and checking for our tentative trip to the west coast next summer. It's gone up a bit!

Per Night Rate Details
Sun, Jul 24 $607.00
Mon, Jul 25 $607.00
Tue, Jul 26 $607.00
Wed, Jul 27 $607.00

$607.00 USD Avg/Night Excl Tax

Part One
Part Two

Edited at 01:47 PM.
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’ve never stayed (2 failed trips) but I’m hoping for another one bed this summer on DVC points, it’s meant to be Disneys best hotel and videos look great (well Aulunai maybe beats it). It’s eye wateringly expensive cash though, 1 beds are about £1000 a night so I wouldn’t pay that cash as will will stay 4-5 nights.
I am thinking of 4 or 5 nights too, but will be a straightforward room so not those kind of prices.

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
On our Californian trip, it was actually cheaper to stay at the GC than the Disneyland Hotel, but we wanted to stay at the OG, so the Disneyland Hotel it was. Having Trader Sam's so close at hand for 5 days was a fantastic benefit for us!

I would stay at the GC next time, mainly to compare-and-contrast with our Disneyland Hotel stay. We've always really loved our Wilderness Lodge stays, so I think we'll enjoy the similar vibe there.
What is the OG?
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
What is the OG?
Sorry - thought that was common parlance.

Original.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

This thread had me checking what we paid in August 2018 - just found the booking email...

Disneyland Hotel
Standard View

Date Rate per Night
Aug. 19 Sunday $334.40
Aug. 20 Monday $334.40
Aug. 21 Tuesday $334.40

...and checking for our tentative trip to the west coast next summer. It's gone up a bit!

Per Night Rate Details
Sun, Jul 24 $607.00
Mon, Jul 25 $607.00
Tue, Jul 26 $607.00
Wed, Jul 27 $607.00

I wouldn’t mind those 2028 rates, what an increase! I am looking at $550 avg/ excl tax for early January. The Disneyland Hotel is about $440 but it is GC that has always caught my eye.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
I wouldn’t mind those 2028 rates, what an increase! I am looking at $550 avg/ excl tax for early January. The Disneyland Hotel is about $440 but it is GC that has always caught my eye.
We walked through it on our way out of California Adventure one day and it did feel lovely.

I've just checked and it's $795/night for a standard view room for our dates. I might need to break it to Mrs B that if we do make it to the west coast next summer, we may be staying offsite!

Part One
Part Two
Old 12 Oct 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I am thinking of 4 or 5 nights too, but will be a straightforward room so not those kind of prices.

What is the OG?
I think the most basic hotel room is running almost £500 a night Claudette.

Maybe more.

It’s unbelievably expensive. I don’t think I’d pay it cash, maybe 2 nights max.

The pools etc look really lovely though, and the whole hotel is raved about so I’ve no doubt it will be great. I like the crafts theme.

Edited at 03:09 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

I have been trying to check prices as well for next August.

Hoping to get a DVC booking for 3 nights for daughter and son in law for their Honeymoon before they go to Hawaii. If I can’t get DVC for the Grand Californian, I would book a different hotel.

Looking on the Disneyland website they also have Good Neighbourhood Hotels, these seem to include admission tickets per person per night booked. Not sure if this is a regular offer or something special for a limited period.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Stayed there in 2018. I deliberated over the booking for ages before booking it because of the price (even with an offer for our dates!) but finally went ahead and booked it. We absolutely loved it, and even now 3 years later we occasionally comment about how much we enjoyed that stay, so it was definitely worth the (very painfully expensive) price for the stay for us.

As a contrast, we did a split stay that time staying the first 3 nights in Anaheim at the Fairfield Inn and the last 4 nights at the GCH, and we don't really have any fond memories of the Fairfield Inn besides it being just a place to sleep.

Whereas we'll talk about how nice the GCH location was, how amazing the fireplace was, the gingerbread house (and smell of gingerbread in the lobby) and Christmas tree and carol singers and Santa Claus (we were there during Christmas season), how easy it was to pop in and out of DCA and DTD, the random tour of the hotel that we did... I even managed to get in the 6am fast walk through DCA one morning (no idea if it is still running now, but it was great fun and was limited to Disney hotel guests), and loved being able to go on Grizzly River Rapids and then head straight up to the room to shower after. Early entry was great too and meant we got many rides on the Cars ride and Soarin' before DCA opened for the day. Oh and the rooms were newly refurbished when we stayed and they were really comfortable, and our room in particular was fantastic as it overlooked the monorail (so we could sit at the balcony and watch the monorail zip past below us) AND had a view of the fireworks (one night we just sat in the room and watched the fireworks).

Expensive but we really did enjoy our stay there!
Old 12 Oct 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
I have been trying to check prices as well for next August.

Hoping to get a DVC booking for 3 nights for daughter and son in law for their Honeymoon before they go to Hawaii. If I can’t get DVC for the Grand Californian, I would book a different hotel.

Looking on the Disneyland website they also have Good Neighbourhood Hotels, these seem to include admission tickets per person per night booked. Not sure if this is a regular offer or something special for a limited period.
Yeah, I noticed those packages and checked one out just to see how it worked out. Hotel picked at random - no idea if it's any good or not...

Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim, 4 night stay 24-28th July, 2 adults + one 12-year old

Disneyland package incl. 5 day tickets - $2385 = c£1750

Expedia room only = £882
5-day tickets - $1080 = c£800
Total £1682

Note: tax will need to be added to the package price and the ticket only price. Also, it's only possible to book DL tickets up to Feb, so the $1080 price is just a guide, but not likely to be too far away.

In short, I'm not sure there's much value in these packages.

Part One
Part Two
Old 12 Oct 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Disneyland Hotel
Standard View

Date Rate per Night
Aug. 19 Sunday $334.40
Aug. 20 Monday $334.40
Aug. 21 Tuesday $334.40

Per Night Rate Details
Sun, Jul 24 $607.00
Mon, Jul 25 $607.00
Tue, Jul 26 $607.00
Wed, Jul 27 $607.00

We were there just before you, 14-17 august, stayed at GC.

We rented through David’s and it came in at $1326 for the 3 nights. Worth every penny.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List