Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Nov 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I understand totally. In the last week I've almost booked

Universal studios
Rosen Inn
Disneyland Paris
Long weekend in Seville. (2 hour car journey)🤦🏼
Long weekend in Dublin
Long weekend in Rome
Los Ángeles California

All these have got as far as the "book" button..I hesitate.. back away and think of somewhere else to go.

I'm just not feeling anything at all about going anywhere... Whether it's , Covid, or my three monthly scans that always seem to be a few weeks away , I'm not sure, or maybe I'm just done with travel. Everything seems such a palaver now.. test this, test that, this restriction that restriction, people who think it's all over... I'm turning into a hermit crab 🦀
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I’ve booked Florida next December but I’m also not ‘feeling it’, I’m starting to worry about covid rearing it’s head next winter, will vaccines be given, etc but the thing that I’m starting to get nervy about is what if I get covid out there, if I end up in hospital or just feeling unwell.

I’ve been on a few UK and Channel Island trips this year and am starting to think for my own sanity I’m better off closer to home, even DLP.

A 7+ hour flight is a long way from home
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
It’s slowly come to dawn on me over the past weeks/months that I have absolutely no interest in traveling anymore.
I have a big birthday coming up in the next few weeks and our plan was to go to California next year as a birthday trip.
As time has gone on I have begun to dread the thought of going abroad more and more.
It’s so weird as pre Covid I always had a holiday booked or planned. I just don’t know what has flicked that switch in me.
Am I even allowed to post on here anymore?🙈😂
How did I miss this?! Right, Stu will ban you if you don’t get something planned soon. Off to Mumsnet for you!
Seriously, I completely understand. My trip had been rearranged and I did not expect it to take place and got fairly anxious when the announcement was made. I was so apprehensive I couldn’t focus on planning the trip. However, once my test was done I decided I was going and had to make the most of it! Honestly, once I got here I was fine and if anything, after the last few years I appreciated the trip so much more and realised how important it was to make the most of the opportunity.
I think once you take the first step your love for travel will reignite and burn brighter than ever before
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

we feel the same to be honest, we are due to go to America this time next year but with the news of the boosters been rolled out to 40+ i just cant be bothered with the hassle if the rules change again (my husband would be 39 when we leave but 40 when we return). I have a credit note for the deposit so i might just book the trip and forget about it until the balance is due and see what the situation is

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

oh and to top it off, my husband has recently applied for UK citizenship to make travel easier for us and it feels like we wont even get to use it for a long time

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Absolutely done on the holiday front, love my holidays, have 2 ski trips booked to Austria and I’m ready to press the cancel button, it’s just my ever optimistic dh who is stopping me, had hoped to go to Canada next summer to visit our dd but can’t Even bring myself to look at flights.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
How did I miss this?! Right, Stu will ban you if you don’t get something planned soon. Off to Mumsnet for you!
Seriously, I completely understand. My trip had been rearranged and I did not expect it to take place and got fairly anxious when the announcement was made. I was so apprehensive I couldn’t focus on planning the trip. However, once my test was done I decided I was going and had to make the most of it! Honestly, once I got here I was fine and if anything, after the last few years I appreciated the trip so much more and realised how important it was to make the most of the opportunity.
I think once you take the first step your love for travel will reignite and burn brighter than ever before
I would get eaten alive on Mumsnet I think!
I think I am just finding the whole travel thing a bit overwhelming to be honest and when I feel like that I tend to just retreat into my shell and not want to go anywhere.
I think taking that first step will make all the difference, I just need to actually do it.
Hope you are having an amazing time, I am loving your pics.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
If I hadn’t done it I’d have spent the rest of my days home alone!
I’m now just planning my next trip!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List