Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Nov 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
USAFanBoy
A Guest at All-Stars

12+ LA Testing requirement

Hi All

Has anyone given thought about how to tackle the mandate that unvaccinated kids 12+ need to test 72 hours before entering a venue in LA County etc. San Fran say they are going to extend this to 5+ in months to come as well (not confirmed yet).

I was looking at some testing sites and they are saying 1 to 2 (PCR) days to get results back so that isn't great as its only going to give you a days access. Anyone found a AntiGen / LF testing site we can use cheaply or for free so we can get the right certificate for entry to places ?

Thanks
USAFanBoy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We’re going to Seattle in June & it’s the same for my daughter.
From nov15th restaurants etc are requiring over 12s to test every 72 hours if not vaccinated. I know it’s a way off yet but hoping it might change by then or maybe she’ll have her 2nd jab🤷🏻

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh gosh, I hadn't heard about this. Do you have a link at all please? All I can seem to find is stuff about masks in school.

Every time I get my hopes up, another hurdle comes along 😔
Old 15 Nov 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KayLouise View Post
Oh gosh, I hadn't heard about this. Do you have a link at all please? All I can seem to find is stuff about masks in school.

Every time I get my hopes up, another hurdle comes along 😔
Each state will have their on Covid requirements, I just looked Seattle up so I’m sure LA/SF etc will have theirs too.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

sigh, people need to scroll through the most recent posts in this section.

I created this thread https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207680 on November 6.

Its a list of Covid testing places in Anaheim and also information about the Covid testing at LAX.

For LA county where Universal and Hollywood are located, just Google Covd testing LA County and there is lots of information.

Basically Walgreens and CVS , the big chain drugstores / pharmacies are doing Covid testing , eiither walk in, drive through or over the counter do it yourself depending on the locations. You just need to check their websites and find the nearest ones to you and see what they offer at that location.

The walk in and drive through need to make appointments in advance.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
sigh, people need to scroll through the most recent posts in this section.
Bit rude 🙄

This will only effect us if they lower it to 5+ but are they basically saying if we want to eat in restaurants then we will have to go and get the kids tested every 3 days? I don't think we will bother going at this rate.
Jedi is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ambergambler
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I hadn’t seen this, until I realised that to enter Universal Hollywood dd14 needs a test. She’s had one vaccine, but is not being offered a second.
As per OP does this actually mean she would need to be tested twice during the 4/5 days we are there?
Our balance is due in 11 days, and just as I thought I was getting there….
ambergambler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ambergambler View Post
I hadn’t seen this, until I realised that to enter Universal Hollywood dd14 needs a test. She’s had one vaccine, but is not being offered a second.
As per OP does this actually mean she would need to be tested twice during the 4/5 days we are there?
This is whats on Universal Studios Hollywood website
  • Per LA County’s Public Health order, all persons ages 12+ must be prepared to show proof of full FDA or WHO approved COVID-19 vaccination (a full 14 days after final dose was administered), or a negative test taken within 72 hours of visit, prior to entry to the theme park.
  • A COVID-19 self-test, sometimes referred to as a "home test", is not acceptable.
  • Persons ages 18+ must also show photo ID.
  • Verification will take place when required based on theme park attendance.
  • Children under the age of 12 are not required to show proof of vaccination or a negative test result.
  • Regardless of vaccination status, face coverings are required to be worn at all times, both indoors and outdoors, when visiting the theme park.
  • At Universal CityWalk, face coverings are required to be worn indoors.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ambergambler View Post
I know it’s not Universal, but it’s the same for DLP, my daughter is the same one dose but France require a negative test every 72 hours too as not fully vaccinated. We go in January so I doubt she’ll have a second dose by then.

✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
Old 15 Nov 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Its called SAFE PASS LA

ewddlacity/index.php/recovery/safepassla

and it cover LA County, which is where Hollywood and Universal Studios/ Burbank and most tourist attractions are located. It does not cover Disneyland, as thats in Anaheim which is Orange County.

You need to check Google Maps and see if the locations you are going to are in LA County.

SafePassLA launches on November 8, 2021.
Enforcement will begin November 29, 2021.

The requirement to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 applies to the following covered indoor locations.

Food & Beverage Establishments
  • Restaurants
  • Bars
  • Fast food establishments
  • Coffee shops
  • Brewery, winery and distillery tasting rooms
  • Cafeterias, food courts, banquet halls, and hotel ballrooms

Gyms & Fitness Venues
  • Yoga, pilates, cycling, barre, and dance studios
  • Hotel gyms, boxing and kickboxing gyms, and fitness boot camps
  • Any facilities used for conducting indoor group fitness classes

Entertainment & Recreation Venues
  • Shopping centers, movie theaters, bowling alleys, arcades, card rooms, family entertainment centers, play areas, pool and billiard halls, and other recreational game centers
  • Live performance venues including: performing arts theaters, music and concert venues, live performance venues and adult entertainment venues
  • Commercial event and party venues, sports arenas, and convention centers
  • Exhibition halls and museums

Personal Care Establishments
  • Spas, nail salons, hair salons, barbershops, tanning salons, skin care, estheticians and cosmetology services
  • Body art professionals, and piercing shops
  • Massage therapy, except as medically required

Indoor City Facilities
  • City Hall
  • Senior centers
  • Recreation centers
  • Service Centers

Outdoor Event Venues
Outdoor events with 5,000-9,999 attendees are also included. For these events, attendees are permitted to show a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of entry in lieu of proof of vaccination.

Proof of Vaccination

Before patrons can access the indoor portion of the business, upon the first interaction with staff, a covered location is required to check the patrons proof of full vaccination. For those patrons who appear to be 18 years of age or older, the business must cross check the proof of vaccination status with photo identification. Patrons attending large outdoor events have the option of providing proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken 72 hours before entry.

One of the following options will demonstrate proof of vaccination:
  • vaccination card issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), or similar documentation issued by another foreign governmental agency, such as the World Health Organization
  • photocopy of a vaccination card or a photograph stored on a phone or electronic device
  • personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California, or similar documentation issued by another state, local, or foreign governmental jurisdiction, or by a private company
  • documentation of a COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider

Proof of a Negative COVID-19 Test

A printed document, email, or text message displayed on a phone from a test provider or laboratory that shows results of a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) or Antigen COVID-19 test that was conducted within 72 hours before entry. The printed document, email, or text message must include the person’s name, type of test performed, date of the test, and negative test result.

Examples of a negative COVID-19 test result can be found in the L.A. County Visual Guidance Form for Negative COVID-19 Tests.

The City and County of L.A. are providing free COVID-19 tests at drive-thru, walk-up and mobile testing sites. For more information and to find a site near you, visit COVID19.LACounty.gov/Testing.