Notices

Old 20 Dec 21, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

New covid cases. Are they vaccinated or not

Now Omicron is here and spreading like wild fire.
With the uk population vaccinated at 88%. Who are the people with Omicron now. What's the percentage of vaccinated and non vaccinated.
I'm presuming many people possibly more people vaccinated are catching Omicron just on the fact of 88% vaccinated and so many people are predicted to have it by the new year.
Is it a problem that it's not going noticed in people vaccinated.
Is there any data on the new cases of 80000 a day who is or is not vaccinated.
Basically are we taking our eyes of the ball by continuosly blaming anti vaxers for the spread rather than looking at the whole picture.

Edited at 06:42 AM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

You can still catch covid whilst vaccinated so Im presuming a high proportion of that 80000 will be vaccinated. DH and I both caught the Delta variant whilst double jabbed so going off my own experience, Id say being vaccinated means nothing when it comes to catching it. Stopped us being ill though which is the main thing.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

I had covid in October- fully vaccinated. Three close colleagues have had it in the last 2 months(we work in a school), all fully vaccinated. Husband now has it, fully vaccinated. None of us were really unwell, just mild cold symptoms. I think everyone will probably get it at some point now whatever their vaccine status, but severity of illness will depend on vaccines. I suspect many many more people have had it unknowingly, we have to do lateral flows twice weekly and this is what has picked it up.

Edited at 07:27 AM.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
People I know who have it all double vaccinated and boostered, majority very mild, a couple not so mild and 1 poorly - none hospitalised.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
With the uk population vaccinated at 88%. Who are the people with Omicron now. What's the percentage of vaccinated and non vaccinated.
I'm presuming many people possibly more people vaccinated are catching Omicron just on the fact of 88% vaccinated and so many people are predicted to have it by the new year.
Basically are we taking our eyes of the ball by continuosly blaming anti vaxers for the spread rather than looking at the whole picture.
I asked this same question because if majority vaccinated, numbers still high, lockdown looming... then how do we get out this mess!
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
I asked this same question because if majority vaccinated, numbers still high, lockdown looming... then how do we get out this mess!
Get boosted so your likely hood of going to hospital is slim.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
frances01
Excited about Disney

It is something i was wondering too. I think the thing is if we get our booster if we do catch it hopefully we will only have mild symptoms. That way we won't be a strain on the NHS and will allow them to get back to routine operations/procedures. I did hear a news report last week from a UK hospital were they had 11 people in ICU with Covid, 8 of which were unvaccinated.
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Jan 22 Orlando
frances01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Not being picky but it's 88% of over 12's rather than the whole UK population. I know under 12's haven't been offered it . I do hope parents are given that choice soon about their children.
93 94 03 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Basically are we taking our eyes of the ball by continuously blaming anti vaxers for the spread rather than looking at the whole picture.
Break Through cases are always bound to happen, especially when it comes to new variants of the virus, even more so for people who are not taking up the booster as the anti-bodies wane over time anyway, I was double jabbed yet still ended up getting delta in October, the only reason I knew I had it as I went to travel home and I'm required by Angolan law to perform a PCR test 72 hours before I fly and it came back positive, after that my companies medical team completed their own test and confirmed I was at the peak of infection / contagion so required immediate quarantine, bottom line is the vaccine did it's job as I had zero symptoms, if it wasn't for that PCR test before flying I'd have never even have known I had it.

I see lots of people saying "well stop testing and it'll go down" this issue is the majority of workplaces now require regular testing by LFT and if positive they then require a confirmed PCR, it's the same with travel, for me there is no way around it, I have to test before and after, not just for UK regulations, but I have to submit a negative test to my company within 7-days of arriving back in the UK, people who don't test for work and are a-symptomatic are the main reason it's spreading and really there is nothing we can do about it, if testing isn't required for certain people then it can't be enforced.

Personally I feel that is the way these new infections are going to go, people will either not know they have it or get the milder symptoms, while most who end up hospitalized will be those who aren't vaccinated or be those who are vaccinated but have existing illness or are elderly.

This is why for me the government and SAGE need to be clear with the facts of the situation, yes 100k infections per-day doesn't look / sound good, but how does the infections compare to hospitalizations / deaths
? For me that is the key metric and the only one that should be followed when it comes to enforcing any further restrictions or lockdowns.

Edited at 08:27 AM.
Do5-BaG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

My sister tested positive yesterday. . She is fully vaccinated and had her booster beginning of December. She is very tired, has a headache and a scratchy throat. It has gone round her office and they have all pretty much tested positive in the last few days.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List