Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Nov 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

New York - Am i getting this right

Morning

We are hopefully off to NYC in February - 2 adults (Fully jabbed), 12 year old (one jab) and an 8 year old.

My understanding is ...

Supervised LFT 3 days before travel
Signed attestation etc
Download Key to NY app on all our phones and upload our ID, Vaccine Status and Negative LFT. (Not needed for 8 year old, however planning to do it anyway)

This should then allow us to go in anywhere we want to

We have tickets for Broadway - my understanding here is as fully jabbed adults we are fine to enter, however both kids will need an LFT on the day as 12 year old not fully jabbed for Broadway - these are freely available in Manhattan, however we will take some NHS ones along with us.

Anything im missing, we so so need this break away

:-)
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Mainly right, but keep an eye on it as it’s rapidly changing!

The NYC groups I’m on at the minute all state that ages 12 and up MUST be fully vaccinated to enter anywhere in the city. This includes restaurants, Broadway, sightseeing etc. However, they are now vaccinating from age 5 upwards, hence a lot of U.K. families having to cancel Disney cruises and the like.

There’s a lot of time between now and your trip, but based on all the groups I’m in, I would think there isn’t an awful lot your 12 year old can do, as she wouldn’t be classed as fully vaccinated having had only 1 jab.

More than happy to be corrected though if this has changed again
Old 19 Nov 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
As above, the fully vaccinated 12-y-o+ thing looks like it could become an issue for UK visitors to various parts of the US, including Los Angeles County, which includes the likes of Santa Monica, Hollywood and Universal Studios.

It's certainly something we're keeping a close eye on as it could impact our west coast, Florida and NYC trip next summer due to our 11-y-o who turns 12 in late April. Just visiting Florida feels like a safer bet for us right now.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Im going to Seattle with a 13 year old with one jab too & it’s very similar. Only she can do tests every 72 hours to enter places. Again this can & probably will all change before we travel in June, but fingers crossed all goes well for you.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
I have just had a week in New York (now in Boston). I’m sorry I can’t help with the questions regarding children but your understanding of the requirements for adults is correct although I didn’t use the Key to NY app.
I was required to show my vaccination status along with photo ID at any indoor restaurants and theatres.

I saw two shows while I was there at the first one masks were required to be worn throughout the show. They had people enforcing this hi I’m constantly holding up signs reminding people to keep the masks on. The second show did not require masks once you are sat down. Mask are still very much a thing in New York and a lot of people were also wearing them outside.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Mainly right, but keep an eye on it as it’s rapidly changing!

The NYC groups I’m on at the minute all state that ages 12 and up MUST be fully vaccinated to enter anywhere in the city. This includes restaurants, Broadway, sightseeing etc. However, they are now vaccinating from age 5 upwards, hence a lot of U.K. families having to cancel Disney cruises and the like.

There’s a lot of time between now and your trip, but based on all the groups I’m in, I would think there isn’t an awful lot your 12 year old can do, as she wouldn’t be classed as fully vaccinated having had only 1 jab.

More than happy to be corrected though if this has changed again
This link states that 12 year olds only need 1 dose. Has this changed to two?

www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/...-keytonyc.page
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 05:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
This link states that 12 year olds only need 1 dose. Has this changed to two?

www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/...-keytonyc.page
I’m not sure. From what people are saying on the NYC pages I’m on, it’s changing all the time. They are after applying the rules to children from age 5 up now.

CDC / New York government pages are best to check, but it sounds like it’s changing constantly! Must be a nightmare for anyone trying to travel with kids
Old 20 Nov 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

If someone could post an official link that states that children from 12 years and up need two vaccines, I’d be grateful as I can’t find one.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

Currently been researching for our trip in April with my currently single dosed 16yo daughter and most requirement are for just a single jab for her. Hopefully she can book her second jab from Monday so we will have no issues.
We’ve booked tickets for Wicked and the requirement for single jabbed people is to do a test up to 6 hours before entering.
A lot of places in NY still have mask requirements, so worth bearing in mind.
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nelly7 View Post
Currently been researching for our trip in April with my currently single dosed 16yo daughter and most requirement are for just a single jab for her. Hopefully she can book her second jab from Monday so we will have no issues.
We’ve booked tickets for Wicked and the requirement for single jabbed people is to do a test up to 6 hours before entering.
A lot of places in NY still have mask requirements, so worth bearing in mind.
Thank you that’s reassuring and my understanding from what I’ve read also.

We are going to New York in July but my son is only 12 so not sure what the state of play in terms of whether he’ll be allowed a second vaccine or not will be by that point. Will just have to keep an eye on things.