Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Nov 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
superry
Having Dinner with Goofy

Ireland requiring test to return

Hi, we're due to fly on the 21st Dublin to Orlando direct, Irish Gov have just announced people arriving in Ireland will need negative Covid test from Friday.

They have stated it can be can have either a professional antigen test taken a maximum of 48 hours prior to arrival or a PCR test taken up to 72 hours earlier.

So options are - get rapid PCR test at Orlando Airport (ca £125 each) before departure back to Dublin.

Get lateral flow in US? can we do this? how much? Could we take supervised UK tests with us?

Change flights to fly via UK (we live in Northern Ireland)

Change holiday/cancel?

Any opinions or advice greatly appreciated.
superry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by superry View Post
Hi, we're due to fly on the 21st Dublin to Orlando direct, Irish Gov have just announced people arriving in Ireland will need negative Covid test from Friday.

They have stated it can be can have either a professional antigen test taken a maximum of 48 hours prior to arrival or a PCR test taken up to 72 hours earlier.

So options are - get rapid PCR test at Orlando Airport (ca £125 each) before departure back to Dublin.

Get lateral flow in US? can we do this? how much? Could we take supervised UK tests with us?

Change flights to fly via UK (we live in Northern Ireland)

Change holiday/cancel?

Any opinions or advice greatly appreciated.
Have you to do the test before boarding the plane not like here on day 2?
That is risky flip I don’t know what I would do either, we’re going from Dublin to Washington DC in March so I hope this is temporary. Sorry no advice but good luck 🤞🏻

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
superry
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Have you to do the test before boarding the plane not like here on day 2?
That is risky flip I don’t know what I would do either, we’re going from Dublin to Washington DC in March so I hope this is temporary. Sorry no advice but good luck 🤞🏻
Yes tests would have to be taken in US - "The Department of Transport is in discussions with airlines and ferry companies to ensure certified antigen tests or PCR tests are checked before people board flights or boats to Ireland"
superry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I am going to California at the end of January. I have been researching Covid tests in Anaheim and LAX for the last few months as I expected it would happen at some stage. I have budgeted for the $125 PCR test at LAX airport, if the requirement gets extended past December 17.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
superry
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
I am going to California at the end of January. I have been researching Covid tests in Anaheim and LAX for the last few months as I expected it would happen at some stage. I have budgeted for the $125 PCR test at LAX airport, if the requirement gets extended past December 17.
RTE say this about the tests - 'Travellers can have either a professional antigen test taken a maximum of 48 hours prior to arrival or a PCR test taken up to 72 hours earlier.'

So that could be rapid Antigen test - but that goes against everything that they were previously saying that is had to be a PCR test - anyway of it's true then a $65 each with a 30min turnaround at MCO isn't much

Needs clarification from gov.ie
Old 30 Nov 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

It’s not even the money it’s testing positive while in America!
If it’s still in place by March I think I’ll move our flight via Heathrow from Belfast city.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
It’s not even the money it’s testing positive while in America!
If it’s still in place by March I think I’ll move our flight via Heathrow from Belfast city.
I agree! It is not a good development at all

I am on the Dublin Orlando route as well, 3 weeks today
scottishgirl1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
superry
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
I agree! It is not a good development at all

I am on the Dublin Orlando route as well, 3 weeks today
Think your on the same Aer Lingus flight as us! I wonder how the people that have travelled out since the first flight to Orlando last Saturday will even know they need it to get back!

Oh and they are going to review it in 2 weeks so goodness knows what it will be by then!

Edited at 03:44 PM.
Old 30 Nov 21, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JonnyW1981
New Poster (2)

Good luck, I also live in N.Ireland, we are travelling Dublin to Newark in July 2022, hopefully everything will be back to normal then!
Jonny
JonnyW1981 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by superry View Post
Think your on the same Aer Lingus flight as us! I wonder how the people that have travelled out since the first flight to Orlando last Saturday will even know they need it to get back!

Oh and they are going to review it in 2 weeks so goodness knows what it will be by then!
Yes, really hope we see each other on that flight 🤞🏻😀 It is going to be a stressful three weeks! Are you on the 4th Jan return as well?
scottishgirl1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List