Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 12 Dec 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Saw this Friday morning……amazing
Cried a few times…..2 leads are great & dancing was fab
Old 14 Dec 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

The best movie of 2021, no doubt and one of Spielberg's best. It was simply amazing in every single aspect.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

I have a soft spot on my heart for the original, but I thought this version was great. Loved seeing Rita Moreno in a cameo role.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I've never seen the first film (just snippets of the main tunes) or the Broadway show, as something about the story just doesn't appeal to me, and after watching the new film yesterday that opinion hasn't changed.
However, it IS a good film, wonderfully cinematography, fabulous costumes and excellent dancing. I wasn't keen on the casting of Tony(too wet) or Riff (reminded me of Kurt from Glee).

Interestingly Maria, is played by Rachel, who I have only previously seen in a couple of vlogs by my favourite Florida vlogger Kevin Heimbach, who has mentioned that she is Snow White in the new film. He's an ex cast member, so I wonder if she is also, as I would bet she was a princess.

Anyway, I'm glad I've seen the film but I'm not fussed about seeing it again and I much prefer 'In the Heights'.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

DH and I saw this yesterday and felt it was outstanding. We both love the original and the stage show and felt this was every bit as good.

The sets, music and choreography were magical and we both had tears in our eyes at several points through the film. Definitely a film I want to watch over and over again, it’s a Spielberg masterpiece
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Seminole
Getting Excited

Just come out of our local independent cinema having watched it and thought it was sensational! The cinematography and choreography was just superb. Bernstein and Sondheim’s music stands the test of time and the cast all perform the songs magnificently.
Well worth the Ł3.50 a ticket but there was just 14 of us in the screening.

Florida 80, 90, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 03, 04, 05, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 12
NYC 80, 00 Boston 99, 01, NH/ME/VT 99, 01
An American Freak!
Seminole is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Going tonight for my birthday I know I will cry. The beauty of the music alone always brings tears to my eyes!
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Saw it today. Utterly blown away. Incredible.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

I saw it last night for my birthday and so wanted to like it but it wasn’t for me. I thought the performers were great but had nowhere near the impact of the original and the songs sounded overproduced to me…..but each to their own and I can just carry on loving the 1961 version.
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We went last week. My dh is a huge fan, me not so much.
I can appreciate how amazing it looks and the dancing is superb. The cinematography I thought was amazing. But I was bored. I felt it was too long. Even my dh agreed. He felt it was too long and the ending stretched out too far. He prefers the original.