Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Dec 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
What is TBT?

I was wondering if you had made it over yet. I am still not decided if we are still going in January.
Thomas Bradley international Terminal - its a zoo compared to the usual small one VS use

Just seen this on
their website

Los Angeles (LAX) terminal change

From 10th December, customers departing from LAX should go to Terminal B (Tom Bradley International Terminal) instead of Terminal 2. Lounge facilities will be available for eligible customers.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Thomas Bradley international Terminal - its a zoo compared to the usual small one VS use

Just seen this on
their website

Los Angeles (LAX) terminal change

From 10th December, customers departing from LAX should go to Terminal B (Tom Bradley International Terminal) instead of Terminal 2. Lounge facilities will be available for eligible customers.
Thank you. I believe we are flying into that terminal anyway (on BA) but presumably so will everybody else now. Another thing to worry about.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

One more thing - on CBS LA news last night many large venues will now be checking if you are fully vaccinated (and that means the booster too). Zero medical exemptions . They are so VERY strict about checking before you enter any shop, bar or restaurant etc - no shots no entrance no exception and masks everywhere inside . Omicron is worrying them a great deal in CA but head out to the desert and cases are much much lower (I guess outdoor dining etc which cant happen in LA at the moment as its turned wet and very cold )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
One more thing - on CBS LA news last night many large venues will now be checking if you are fully vaccinated (and that means the booster too). Zero medical exemptions . They are so VERY strict about checking before you enter any shop, bar or restaurant etc - no shots no entrance no exception and masks everywhere inside . Omicron is worrying them a great deal in CA but head out to the desert and cases are much much lower (I guess outdoor dining etc which cant happen in LA at the moment as its turned wet and very cold )
Thanks. We are boosted.👍🏻

What’s the best way to show it? The NHS pass? We didn’t get a card for our booster like we did for the others. Can you print a copy of your pass? Or do you need to request one do you know? (Also thinking about data usage and accessing the app)
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

We recently used Midwilshuttle. Paid $155 (excluding gratuity) for a meet and greet , bit more than their usual rate I know , but it was my first solo visit and just wanted someone to meet me as soon as I had my bags!
Another reason I used them is they have a WhatsApp contact , so I could notify them on arrival. I was worried as a few others required you to phone them once you had your bags and I was worrying my phone may not connect to make a phone call.

Journey was good , driver was chatty. Would recommend.

I used Uber on the way back and was very efficient and very cheap.
Agree with above post about the surge pricing , sometimes they go up to the amount I paid for a meet and greet service.
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 21, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

So far I have used my NHS QR card together with my driving license (when asked ) so just keep a copy of QR on your phone - to be honest it is a cursory look and as they are mandated to do it but not sure what they think of it as often not scanned
Old 23 Dec 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have been using Lyft in Palm Springs - cheaper than UBER as they give you first few journeys at a discount . Will try at LA when I go back for a few days next week
Old 23 Dec 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

(Cheapest car rental here is $250 a day ! Even locals visiting are using Lyft for even longer journeys !)
Old 27 Dec 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Mega flyer - Can I pick up on the towncar service you used?

Do they meet you at arrivals with a sign or do you arrange a meeting place?

Thanks.
Malificent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
Mega flyer - Can I pick up on the towncar service you used?

Do they meet you at arrivals with a sign or do you arrange a meeting place?

Thanks.
They meet you outside the terminal - just rest them the pillar number (eg B6) and they are there in 2 minutes . I guess they used to meet with sign but at the moment with TB Terminal being so busy and covid restrictions this makes it easy . As they monitor the flight they know when to meet you . It really took them less
Then 2 minutes and the. They take your bags and whisk you away . The lines for the shuttles last week were truly staggering !