Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Dec 21, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone, I’ve emailed Disney and will see what they say.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I still haven’t bitten the bullet and purchased my tickets for January. But I looked yesterday and they would be valid until January 2024. Even if they are not used before then I can put them towards tickets for post January 2024. So I am sure it will work out one way or another.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I still haven’t bitten the bullet and purchased my tickets for January. But I looked yesterday and they would be valid until January 2024. Even if they are not used before then I can put them towards tickets for post January 2024. So I am sure it will work out one way or another.
Just be careful. You need to check park reservations too. Theres 2 festivals at the end of January, start of February, Lunar New Year in California Adventures and Sweethearts Nites in Disneyland Main Park. Park reservations will get booked up quickly, even though its a low crowd time.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Just be careful. You need to check park reservations too. Theres 2 festivals at the end of January, start of February, Lunar New Year in California Adventures and Sweethearts Nites in Disneyland Main Park. Park reservations will get booked up quickly, even though its a low crowd time.
I too have been holding out on purchasing tickets. We fly on the 18th Feb. Do you think it would be wise to book them sooner rather than later? Was waiting until it was all a bit clearer. Thanks.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I too have been holding out on purchasing tickets. We fly on the 18th Feb. Do you think it would be wise to book them sooner rather than later? Was waiting until it was all a bit clearer. Thanks.
Defiantly book the tickets and park reservations. The reservations can be cancelled and the park tickets will be valid for your next visit, but if you leave it too late, the park reservations may be gone.

I did my park reservations at 120 days in advance and I did my dining reservations 60 days in advance.

The table service reservations are going very fast, especially for places like Blue Bayou, Oga's Cantina, Lamplight Lounge and the character breakfasts. They get loaded onto the system at 11am UK time 60 days in advance and many book up within hours.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I have been monitoring park availability, all dates are available at the moment.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
You’ll be fine to wait..

I was there Thanksgiving week , i bought tickets the week before and got entry to both parks, I also managed to book a character breakfast with Goofy at the last minute .

I fly back the 23rd feb but wont be in Disneyland till the 28th feb and 1st March .. I wont be buying tickets till much nearer the time .. both parks have availability still as i keep checking ..
And whilst tickets may be extended to use till 2024 .. i don’t particularly want to have £800 ish tied up in tickets that i didn’t use .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Defiantly book the tickets and park reservations. The reservations can be cancelled and the park tickets will be valid for your next visit, but if you leave it too late, the park reservations may be gone.

I did my park reservations at 120 days in advance and I did my dining reservations 60 days in advance.

The table service reservations are going very fast, especially for places like Blue Bayou, Oga's Cantina, Lamplight Lounge and the character breakfasts. They get loaded onto the system at 11am UK time 60 days in advance and many book up within hours.
I go yearly and I’ve never once had a issue getting a character breakfast…

I was last there Thanksgiving week.. and got a character breakfast at Goofy’s kitchen very easily, looked online and booked for the next day .

Talking to staff there , There are cancellations every single day for character breakfasts and table service meals, and they also do walk ups.

I shall use the same approach when I’m back there in Feb .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
You’ll be fine to wait..

I was there Thanksgiving week , i bought tickets the week before and got entry to both parks, I also managed to book a character breakfast with Goofy at the last minute .

I fly back the 23rd feb but wont be in Disneyland till the 28th feb and 1st March .. I wont be buying tickets till much nearer the time .. both parks have availability still as i keep checking ..
And whilst tickets may be extended to use till 2024 .. i don’t particularly want to have £800 ish tied up in tickets that i didn’t use .
This is it. I already have over £3000 worth of park tickets for our Orlando trip that I’ve had since this time last year. Hopefully, might get to use them this year.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I go yearly and I’ve never once had a issue getting a character breakfast…

I was last there Thanksgiving week.. and got a character breakfast at Goofy’s kitchen very easily, looked online and booked for the next day .

Talking to staff there , There are cancellations every single day for character breakfasts and table service meals, and they also do walk ups.

I shall use the same approach when I’m back there in Feb .

I am going for 2 days this week. I am not pre planning or booking anything except hotel as there is zero need. I have never had to do it and always got to do and eat where I wanted too without pre booking and it is even easier at the moment with the huge number of cancellations
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List