Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 22, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Planning coming along nicely

So I only booked this trip a couple iof days ago and we go in 6 weeks, so I've been doing some planning today (I love planning a trip way too much )
This is a trip that got cancelled in 2020 but we have had to modify due to increasing prices and not having a car this time.
We are flying direct from LHR into LAX, uber or possibly booked car transfer to Fairefield Inn. 5 nights there then uber to The Garland Hotel near Universal. 6 nights there, uber back to airport for direct flight home.
Yesterday I booked park tickets through ATD, 4 days Disney, 2 days Universal.
Today I've booked hotel at Heathrow (PI at M4 junction)and parking at Purple parking.
Disneyland not really planning apart from park reservations.
LA we will travel about on metro, probably buying 7 days on TAP app, plan HOHO bus tours, we love them and always do one first day or so in a big city so we get an idea of where everything is and what we want to see. Will visit Santa Monica, Griffiths Observatory, Lake Hollywood Park, Walk of fame, farmers market.
Is there anything else I need to put on my to do list?
We have current ESTAs and I'm booking tests a bit closer in case of any changes.
Can't believe we might actually get to go!
Especially as we went to WDW for 2 weeks at beginning of December
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
So I only booked this trip a couple iof days ago and we go in 6 weeks, so I've been doing some planning today (I love planning a trip way too much )
This is a trip that got cancelled in 2020 but we have had to modify due to increasing prices and not having a car this time.
We are flying direct from LHR into LAX, uber or possibly booked car transfer to Fairefield Inn. 5 nights there then uber to The Garland Hotel near Universal. 6 nights there, uber back to airport for direct flight home.
Yesterday I booked park tickets through ATD, 4 days Disney, 2 days Universal.
Today I've booked hotel at Heathrow (PI at M4 junction)and parking at Purple parking.
Disneyland not really planning apart from park reservations.
LA we will travel about on metro, probably buying 7 days on TAP app, plan HOHO bus tours, we love them and always do one first day or so in a big city so we get an idea of where everything is and what we want to see. Will visit Santa Monica, Griffiths Observatory, Lake Hollywood Park, Walk of fame, farmers market.
Is there anything else I need to put on my to do list?
We have current ESTAs and I'm booking tests a bit closer in case of any changes.
Can't believe we might actually get to go!
Especially as we went to WDW for 2 weeks at beginning of December

Ubers can not collect you (or indeed drop you off) directly outside the terminal at LAX. You take a shuttle bus to the area they are permitted to use so factor that in . Private limo companies can collect you tho
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

If you havnt already, you should read my pre trip planning thread https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1206156 it might give you some info you hadn't thought of

I have been to all the places on your list in previous years except Griffith Park Santa Monica is one of my favourite places, there so much more than just the Pier, make sure to check out 3rd Street Promenade and Santa Monica Place Mall.

Theres so much more I could suggest but you have just the right amount for a first time visit. Just be aware that while the Metro system is very like London , the time and distance between places is something first timers really underestimate.

For Disneyland I would defiantly plan to book restaurants. Things have changed so much regarding dining since the parks re open. The restaurant reservations are loaded into the system 3am LA time / 11 am UK time 60 days in advance. Many of the popular places like Blue Bayou, Oga's, Character breakfasts, etc book up within hours of release.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Ubers can not collect you (or indeed drop you off) directly outside the terminal at LAX. You take a shuttle bus to the area they are permitted to use so factor that in . Private limo companies can collect you tho
I did see that you get on a shuttle bus if you need ride share.
I've had a look at threads so will look at some private limo companies to pick us up. I thought I'd speak to our hotel about them booking us a return transfer to the airport. Thankyou

Edited at 03:58 PM.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
If you havnt already, you should read my pre trip planning thread https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1206156 it might give you some info you hadn't thought of

I have been to all the places on your list in previous years except Griffith Park Santa Monica is one of my favourite places, there so much more than just the Pier, make sure to check out 3rd Street Promenade and Santa Monica Place Mall.

Theres so much more I could suggest but you have just the right amount for a first time visit. Just be aware that while the Metro system is very like London , the time and distance between places is something first timers really underestimate.

For Disneyland I would defiantly plan to book restaurants. Things have changed so much regarding dining since the parks re open. The restaurant reservations are loaded into the system 3am LA time / 11 am UK time 60 days in advance. Many of the popular places like Blue Bayou, Oga's, Character breakfasts, etc book up within hours of release.
I have read all your trip planning threads which have helped hugely already
I have looked on the app to book restaurant's but as we were already less than 60 days out when we booked there isn't much availability
I'd like lamplight lounge so will keep checking and try a walk up whilst there.
I'm happy with quick service as thats mostly what we do at WDW. Not bothered about Ogas as already done that in WDW too.
Thanks for advice, I really appreciate it.
Old 16 Jan 22, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I did see that you get on a shuttle bus if you need ride share.
I've had a look at threads so will look at some private limo companies to pick us up. I thought I'd speak to our hotel about them booking us a return transfer to the airport. Thankyou
That you - feel free to ask me anything as your planning progresses. To be honest you dont really NEED to plan in CA to has a much more relaxed feel than Orlando . I dont plan much and never prebook restaurants or parks/rides and alway Bert done what I want to when I want to - this time was slightly different due to covid and some places quiet or cloaked at short notice.

Your hotel will be able to get you to the airport - I bet they have a shuttle or will advise local alternatives but I can recommend an affordable limo if required
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

That you - feel free to ask me anything as your planning progresses. To be honest you dont really NEED to plan in CA to has a much more relaxed feel than Orlando . I dont plan much and never prebook restaurants or parks/rides and alway Bert done what I want to when I want to - this time was slightly different due to covid and some places quiet or cloaked at short notice.

Your hotel will be able to get you to the airport - I bet they have a shuttle or will advise local alternatives but I can recommend an affordable limo if required
Yes please, I'd really appreciate any recommendations for limo transfer. Thankyou
Old 16 Jan 22, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Yes please, I'd really appreciate any recommendations for limo transfer. Thankyou
affordabletowncarcompany/

A number of dibbers use this company me included
Old 16 Jan 22, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

affordabletowncarcompany/

A number of dibbers use this company me included
Thankyou, I've just filled in the info for a quote.

Update, all booked, thankyou for recommendation. Another thing ticked off my list.

Edited at 07:00 PM.
Old 16 Jan 22, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I really like the Griffiths Observatory, The views are brilliant ..

We always try and fit in a visit to the Grove for the shopping , and the Farmers Market there has some nice places to grab a slice of pizza etc

I don’t mind a visit to Santa Monica , But i much prefer beaches like Long Beach and Huntingdon .That said we have a hire car so its easier to go where we want .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List