Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 22, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyG
New Poster (2)

Vaccinations for under 12’s from UK

We’ve booked a week at WDW in August followed by a 3 day cruise but have been advised the kids (11 and 9) need to be double jabbed. UK are not yet offering jabs for under 12’s. Does anyone know if under 12’s being double jabbed is a requirement for WDW or just the cruise? We have to pay for our flights soon and are concerned we won’t get refunded if unable to go to Disney as we can still travel to Orlando! Any advice greatly appreciated!
DisneyG is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s just for the cruise.

You could book a backup with free cancellation for the cruise dates, I think that’s what a lot of others have done.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Yes it appears to be only for cruising but I really hope they don’t bring in that children have to be double jabbed for restaurants ect (like New York)
Old 16 Jan 22, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Yes it appears to be only for cruising but I really hope they don’t bring in that children have to be double jabbed for restaurants ect (like New York)
I very much doubt Florida would do that.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I very much doubt Florida would do that.
I’m thinking this too (hopefully)
Old 17 Jan 22, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyG
New Poster (2)

Thanks all, very useful and saved me another 3 hour call to Disney!
DisneyG is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
They won't, because the governor won't go down that route
Old 17 Jan 22, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Florida itself never will, but it's possible private businesses might bring in their own mandates same as private venues do here. But it's just not practical to enforce on a property as large as WDW, so I can't see Disney implementing this.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 22, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando58
I have Ears

Orlando58's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Now I have to cancel the Disney Wish cruise August 2022

We are off to WDW in August this year (as UK based DVC members), but the 3 night Disney Wish Cruise booked for 19th to 21st August now hangs in the balance unless DCL change their minds by the end of May. Reason is my 5 year old granddaughter is not elgible for Covid jabs.

What a shambles.

Which means if UK do nothing about jabbing kids under 12 then I will not be bale to go on a Disney cruise for another 7 years until she gets to that age.

So hope DCL relent and allow us to go.

If the rule stays then a lot of international guests with kids under 12 will not be going on DCL cruises and will lose Disney even more money.

David
Old 31 Jan 22, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlando58 View Post
We are off to WDW in August this year (as UK based DVC members), but the 3 night Disney Wish Cruise booked for 19th to 21st August now hangs in the balance unless DCL change their minds by the end of May. Reason is my 5 year old granddaughter is not elgible for Covid jabs.

What a shambles.

Which means if UK do nothing about jabbing kids under 12 then I will not be bale to go on a Disney cruise for another 7 years until she gets to that age.

So hope DCL relent and allow us to go.

If the rule stays then a lot of international guests with kids under 12 will not be going on DCL cruises and will lose Disney even more money.

David
We had to cancel a planned trip to NYC for this reason also, over 5s need to be vaccinated for all indoor activities including restaurants. Unfortunately I do not envisage DCL changing their rules or making exceptions, they will probably have no trouble filling their staterooms with vaccinated Americans ☹
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List