Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Jan 22, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeybell1210
Trying for More Ears

My travel company changed me from tower room to standard room for no reason

Hi guys,

Bit of a strange 1 and looking for some advice please.

We are booked for 2 weeks at the tower at Coronado Springs in April. As part of the package we also got $200, $61/night dining credit, celebration basket, memory maker and magical extras. This has all been paid in full.

As we are getting close to the holiday, I contacted my agent to double check everything and have now been told it is not a tower room but a standard tower view room. When my agent booked it he asked for the tower room with the Disney benefits and the Disney worker assumed he meant Tower View room as the tower doesn't come with the benefits.

My agent contacted Disney and they said the tower rooms are £3500.00 dearer for this duration and they do not come with disney benefits above and have effectively said there's nothing they can do and we can cancel if we want which would also entail loss of deposit.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

Booking and paying for a holiday on the understanding you are getting something to be told this is not the case but you can cancel if unhappy!

Also, does anyone know why the tower would be SO much dearer? I would expect it to be more expensive but not 3.5K!

Any help appreciated 😊
mickeybell1210 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeybell1210 View Post
Hi guys,

We are booked for 2 weeks at the tower at Coronado Springs in April. As part of the package we also got $200, $61/night dining credit, celebration basket, memory maker and magical extras. This has all been paid in full.

As we are getting close to the holiday, I contacted my agent to double check everything and have now been told it is not a tower room but a standard tower view room. When my agent booked it he asked for the tower room with the Disney benefits and the Disney worker assumed he meant Tower View room as the tower doesn't come with the benefits.

My agent contacted Disney and they said the tower rooms are £3500.00 dearer for this duration and they do not come with disney benefits above and have effectively said there's nothing they can do and we can cancel if we want which would also entail loss of deposit.

Booking and paying for a holiday on the understanding you are getting something to be told this is not the case but you can cancel if unhappy!

Also, does anyone know why the tower would be SO much dearer? I would expect it to be more expensive but not 3.5K!

Any help appreciated 😊
Hi Mickey, does your invoice confirm it’s a tower room rather than tower view? surely if it does they should honour what they’ve invoiced you for? which TA are you with?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

As above I'd check my invoice. Also, a standard room in the tower runs at $50 a night more than the other rooms. Reception informed me of this. So $700 for 2 weeks
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeybell1210
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Hi Mickey, does your invoice confirm it’s a tower room rather than tower view? surely if it does they should honour what they’ve invoiced you for? which TA are you with?
Hi! It doesn't state either way, just says Coronado Springs. We do have recordings of calls saying Tower room though.

Yes, that's exactly what I've said to them. I want exactly what I paid for but it's proving difficult.

I booked with 1 of the large UK travel companies.
mickeybell1210 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

I think the rooms in the tower are smaller than the standard rooms around the resort. Honestly I loved our room in the Cabanas section and would choose that over the tower any day. The only advantage of the tower is that you are inside the hotel and first on the bus route but thats not a deal breaker for us and remember the tower is not necessarily closer to everything.

picturethemagic/coronado-springs-rooms/
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeybell1210
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
As above I'd check my invoice. Also, a standard room in the tower runs at $50 a night more than the other rooms. Reception informed me of this. So $700 for 2 weeks
Great, thanks for that! That's a huge difference to the £3.5k difference we've been told.
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Great, thanks for that! That's a huge difference to the £3.5k difference we've been told.
Unless they're quoting you for a suite with club level then absolutely!
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

There is no "standard tower view" room category at CSR. The only place I have heard that room category used is on the deal websites like Hotwire which purposely use incorrect names since it's a blind booking. The closest would be "tower - standard view" which is in the tower, facing the front of the resort instead of the lake. I would double check with your TA exactly which category of room they have booked. Also have you had your Disney reference and linked your reservation to MDE? That should have the correct room category name listed in your hotel details section.

That price difference quoted is likely to be a club level tower room. A standard to a tower room is about £80/night difference, at least this was the difference on my dates. The club rooms were also the only room type excluded from the offer at CSR.

ETA: Because I was curious, I ran some checks on the rack rates. The difference between standard and tower ranges from $50/night in value to $150/night over Christmas. April sits right around the middle of those. So about a £1k difference for two weeks.

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
I think the rooms in the tower are smaller than the standard rooms around the resort. Honestly I loved our room in the Cabanas section and would choose that over the tower any day. The only advantage of the tower is that you are inside the hotel and first on the bus route but thats not a deal breaker for us and remember the tower is not necessarily closer to everything.

picturethemagic/coronado-springs-rooms/
The tower rooms are larger, and last on the bus route. I agree that the standard rooms are still lovely though.

Edited at 10:51 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Hi guys,

Any help appreciated 😊
Tower view room? Can’t find that on Disneys site
So are you not in the tower have they said?
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

I’ve no idea if the tower rooms were included in the offer (someone else on here will probably have saved them and can confirm) but it sounds like the TA have made the mistake and it’s up to them to rectify it.

Before speaking to them again, check the price difference in the rooms for your dates on Disney's website. The £3.5k is probably just them trying to scare you off.

Even if they agreed to foot the bill for the upgrade, could they even do it and let you keep the offers (if the room wasn’t in the offer). I’m not sure if Disney would allow it.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List