Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 29 Jun 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Hollister..

Last few trips we ve been up to altamonte to pay "normal" US prices and not tourist markups but time is of the essence and we need a quick stop off.
Which off the stores is the best for bargains pls?
Tyvm
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve never particularly found Hollister stores to have differing prices, they generally carry the same stock and sale pricing. There’s a store at Pointe Orlando which is pretty quiet, next door to the cinema.

Also, the Tommy Hilfiger clearance store there CAN be great!
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Agree with the above - all Hollister stores are the same with pre-printed price labels that apply across the whole country.

But also, Hollister in the UK seems somewhat cheaper than it used to be - doesn't feel to me as though you're going to be making particularly notable savings any more.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Andycm81 View Post
I’ve never particularly found Hollister stores to have differing prices, they generally carry the same stock and sale pricing. There’s a store at Pointe Orlando which is pretty quiet, next door to the cinema.

Also, the Tommy Hilfiger clearance store there CAN be great!
Great tip thanks. Have made a note of that. DD is hoping we’ll go back to Altamonte but it is such a long way. Will try Pointe first and hopefully that will satisfy.
Old 5 Jul 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gav
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Agree with the above - all Hollister stores are the same with pre-printed price labels that apply across the whole country.

But also, Hollister in the UK seems somewhat cheaper than it used to be - doesn't feel to me as though you're going to be making particularly notable savings any more.
Agree with this. I have admittedly picked up some absolute bargains, but if you are on Hollisters mailing lists they seem to have 40% off sales constantly.
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gav View Post
Agree with this. I have admittedly picked up some absolute bargains, but if you are on Hollisters mailing lists they seem to have 40% off sales constantly.
Mate im too old and too fat for holister so heres my question.😉
If i sign up is it a voucher for instore or do i order online and use code?
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scojos View Post
Mate im too old and too fat for holister so heres my question.😉
If i sign up is it a voucher for instore or do i order online and use code?
It’s both
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
LoveHolidays
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We were in the Hollister store at Pointe Orlando last night. The ticket prices are the same as at home but shelf prices were much cheaper. DS buys the same jeans every time (about £49 at home), they were marked as $59 on ticket but only paid $29.

Busy planning Florida holiday number 17
LoveHolidays is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

The hollister at pointe is quite small but it does have a clearance section at the rear of the store. I’d avoid the Tommy Hilfiger clearance shop beside it, it’s full of factory seconds and items made specifically for the clearance stores so it’s not as well made and quality isn’t 5r best so beware
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I've never been to a Hollister store, both in the UK and home, that doesn't have a clearance section at the back of it, and that includes the on 5th Avenue in NYC that I was in a few hours ago.

One thing I noticed is the different in £/$ prices on the clothes - there seems to be a few different rates that had been used, possibly reflecting how old the clothes are and when the labels were printed. Some I saw had a 1:1, ie $30 was £30.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List