Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 13 Jul 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rik666
Helping Minnie

Mobile Any scary, frightening experiences on a Florida Holiday?

We did a trip in the Everglades about 20 years ago. The driver/captain of the boat was feeding the Gators marshmallows, actually got them to put their heads on the side of the boat, bit scary,but awesome. Couldn't tell now what the place was called, if even it's open anymore! My mate also near fell through an unlocked gate when we were feeding the very hungry Gators back at the 'park'. I managed to grab him just in time!
Good times... 🤣🤣🤣

Just wondered if anyone else had scary,but hopefully unhurt incidents while on holiday?
Rik666 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Yes. I rented a canoe with a friend to go on the swamp/river in Ocala National Forest on Florida. At the edge of the river there was a sign saying do not feed the alligators. Turns out there were loads of massive gators in the river, some longer than the canoe! We didn't spot one in time as just his eyes were above water, we ended up gliding over his back (we stopped paddling as soon as we saw him, so the canoe went very slowly above him). My mate was at the front but at the back I had the agonizing wait to see if he would react feeling the canoe on top of him, terrified that he would flip us over with his tail. Other tourists on canoes nearby were looking at us with shocked looks on their faces, which did not make me feel any better LOL. In the end nothing happened but for 20 to 30 seconds it was very tense!

Edited at 03:21 PM.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
It's A Small World.

Horrific.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

when we went on an airboat ride there was a snake on the boat... scary but funny because there was a Geordie family in the front row who kept saying "there's a snake in the boot" and the kids kept thinking he was doing Woody impressions...

It wasn't venomous, but was a bit cranky - luckily it wasn't noticed til nearly back at base.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Not gator related but my husband had a scary experience at Florida Mall. He was there alone buying me a gift, and he ended up getting me a diamond ring in a jewellers. They said they’d give it a proper clean and gift wrap it, so he went off for 10 minutes and popped back.
When he returned the sales guy said “did your friends find you?” Well he didn’t have any friends! Two guys came in looking for him a minute after he left and said he was their friend and they’d lost him. The sales guy said he must have been spotted and targeted by potential thieves.
He waited in the shop for 10 minutes, put the ring box in his pants and sprinted to the car! 😱
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We were in the Quality Inn right next door amnd were confined to barracks.

cbsnews/news/bank-ro...hostage-siege/
Old 13 Jul 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Kayaking near a villa in the Cape Coral canals when a bull shark appeared, the problem was you could only see it when the fins broke the water, it stayed around for a couple of days
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

yeh we had a bloke sat next to me and ann on flight out and he was very strange every time me and ann went to talk he butted in then asked how much was it to get into disney when told said oh rite ive not brought enough had to tell him to stop butting in kept asking where we were staying sorry folks that scared ann i myself had to give him a talk about life he behaved after that it could have been dodgy as when we departed aircraft he went and stood with ann at luggage rack in end Ann had to do something she never does and that was explain in plain English to foxtrot off lol
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rik666
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Don't know if true or not, but on the same holiday as the gator scares, we had a few sherbets while staying in Miami, as u do,and decided to go swimming in the pitch black sea. Now we still don't know if some of the locals were making things up, but they claimed that it's a breeding area for sharks! Definitely sobered us up tho
Rik666 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Apprentice Imagineer

I saw the line at Flights of Passage

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List