Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Jul 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bobby_1970 View Post
Is it just me, or are some of the date fields DD/MM/YYYY, and then some MM/DD/YYYY?
From memory of doing it around 3 months ago yes they do make it more difficult by swapping them round.

Mick
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970
Chilling at Carribean Beach

So, I have just printed out my Skip the Counter ticket, with barcode at the top. :-)

One more query.

It says to proceed directly to the garage and pick a vehicle? I assume the vehicle types are grouped together, are the aisles/bays labelled? Or are literally all of the car types together and I have to look for a midsize SUV myself?

Or should I see someone in the garage?

Thanks to everyone for the tips on here, great forum
Bobby_1970 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OK. Go down to the car rental level by lift or stairs.

For side A, cross the road, bear left into the garage. The Hut will be on your right then. Keep going straight. The row you want is about 5 rows along, turn right into it and the Midsize SUV's are on your right. All clearly marked.
An Alamo employee may intercept you near the Hut, explain about the Sat Nav but I doubt they will give you one there, they may though. Have your barcoded agreement to hand.
I never tip them as they don't do anything and they don't expect it anyhow

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

an attendant might direct you inside the garage and tell you in which row to look

but the rows are clearly labelled

remember that any car in the rows labelled for your category, is fair game
so if you booked an int SUV and find a standard SUV in that row, you can have it.
Alternately you may find intermediate suvs in the standard suv line

so know the makes and models in the category you've booked

I usually have a folded bit of paper where I have printed the list of cars in the category I've booked, the category below, and the category above.
this helps.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
So, I have just printed out my Skip the Counter ticket, with barcode at the top. :-)

One more query.

It says to proceed directly to the garage and pick a vehicle? I assume the vehicle types are grouped together, are the aisles/bays labelled? Or are literally all of the car types together and I have to look for a midsize SUV myself?

Or should I see someone in the garage?

Thanks to everyone for the tips on here, great forum
I can only speak of my experiences at MCO. First of all you can go to either garage side A or B. We always go to side B as it's the nearest to the monorail for UK flights and the exit for 417 south which we always use is close to that garage exit.

The rows are all signed but if in doubt there's usually plenty of staff around to help. Never hired an SUV but up to and including "full size" the keys are in the car but may be not as you get higher up the cost range.

Mick
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OK. Go down to the car rental level by lift or stairs.

For side A, cross the road, bear left into the garage. The Hut will be on your right then. Keep going straight. The row you want is about 5 rows along, turn right into it and the Midsize SUV's are on your right. All clearly marked.
An Alamo employee may intercept you near the Hut, explain about the Sat Nav but I doubt they will give you one there, they may though. Have your barcoded agreement to hand.
I never tip them as they don't do anything and they don't expect it anyhow
Excellent info, I assume theres a "Side B" Whats in there?
Bobby_1970 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

the exact same as Side A
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Miami last Tuesday, went to garage, types of car in row listed overhead sign, full size was very limited VW, Kia, Toyota Ford... I took the Nissan as had leather seats, Texas plate done 24k, our 3 large suitcases only just got in boot, doubt they will on way home, lucky only 3 of us. I mentioned this to attendant... best he could do was give me a pick up truck! Nah.
We had Chevy Cruze last year, Avis intimediate, same size boot... so full size no better.

Edited at 05:24 PM.
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
MCO is basically a symmetrical mirror image on plan. Just about everything on side A is to be found on side B. Here's a plan.

orlandoairports/getting-...#terminal-maps

It's impossible to say which side had the best choice unless you want to split your party or run yourself between the two but then risk the chance of the car you 95% like on side A has gone by the time you've run back over from checking B.

MCO is a 24/7 operation and people are collecting and returning cars all day between 12.01 am and 11.59 pm so the car choice is constantly refreshed.

Mick
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Miami last Tuesday, went to garage, types of car in row listed overhead sign, full size was very limited VW, Kia, Toyota Ford... I took the Nissan as had leather seats, Texas plate done 24k, large suitcases only just got in boot, doubt they will on way home, lucky only 3 of us. I mentioned this to attendant... best he could do was give me a pick up truck! Nah.
We had Chevy Cruze last year, A is intimediate, same size boot... so full size no better.
I m slightly concerned that we will get something with a big enough boot for 2 adults and 2 teenagers worth of luggage. Hopefully we wil only be taking 3 cases.

However, our car in the UK is a skoda Octavia which will easily take our luggage, so as long as the boot of whatever I get over there is at least the same, we will be fine.