Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 6 May 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

anyone planning or booked for christmas at DLP?

so we went to DLP last year and are now trying to save up for florida in 2020. But im missing my Disney fix... i've had a look at Disneyland Paris at Christmas looks fun!

Anyone have any info on the likely crowd levels? i'm slightly nervous about how cold it will be to.

We would stay at the Davy Crockett ranch. are the cabins warm enough?

do you think it would take the shine off WDW in 2021 (once in a lifetime trip... )
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Do you mean for Christmas or around Christmas?
Christmas is very, very busy, but the days after (27th onwards) are the busiest we’ve ever experienced and we’ve been during most school holiday times.
All the locals seem to descend after the festivities of Christmas itself, it was shoulder to shoulder during those days compared to just very busy on Christmas Day etc.

Edited at 09:16 PM.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Just before Christmas is lovely and festive, without being too busy. We went 19-24th December, getting home at around 10pm on Christmas Eve, and it was the perfect start to Christmas. My girls met Santa there, and we saw all the Christmas shows, etc. It was absolutely magical and we’re planning to do pretty much exactly the same holiday in 2020 or 2021, after a summer 2020 WDW holiday. I don’t think we’ll get such a good deal next time though - they had our arrival day as super-value, as only a few schools had broken up, so we got 5 days in the DLH for £1200. Don’t think we’ll ever get that price again!

We were lucky / unlucky with the weather. It was 10 degrees every day, warm enough not to need coats in the day... except when it rained, which was also every day! Just light showers, but enough to soak you if you stayed out in it long enough. Having said that, the night we stayed until 10pm to see the fireworks, it was actually dry, and still mild enough for me to give the girls my coat to sit on.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake

Mobile

I was thinking perhaps 4 days before Christmas and maybe include actual Christmas day? If we stayed until boxing day then it adds an extra £300.

I think it's coming out at about £1700 plus travel.

Amazing deal you got Elodie!

Great to hear it was extra magical. Just need to save up now...
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Just before Christmas is lovely and festive, without being too busy. We went 19-24th December, getting home at around 10pm on Christmas Eve, and it was the perfect start to Christmas. My girls met Santa there, and we saw all the Christmas shows, etc. It was absolutely magical and we’re planning to do pretty much exactly the same holiday in 2020 or 2021, after a summer 2020 WDW holiday. I don’t think we’ll get such a good deal next time though - they had our arrival day as super-value, as only a few schools had broken up, so we got 5 days in the DLH for £1200. Don’t think we’ll ever get that price again!

We were lucky / unlucky with the weather. It was 10 degrees every day, warm enough not to need coats in the day... except when it rained, which was also every day! Just light showers, but enough to soak you if you stayed out in it long enough. Having said that, the night we stayed until 10pm to see the fireworks, it was actually dry, and still mild enough for me to give the girls my coat to sit on.
Elodie - did you stay in a christmas themed room? was it worth the upgrade?
Old 9 May 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsCupcake View Post
Elodie - did you stay in a christmas themed room? was it worth the upgrade?
We thought it was more than worth it for the £130 extra we paid, but I think it costs about double that now, so I’m not sure if we’ll be paying for it on our next trip. I would be tempted if we had the money to spare though!

For the £130, they left gifts for all 4 of us in the room - gift boxed Christmas mugs, soft toys for the children (4 in total - a gingerbread Minnie and Mickey each), a lovely box of chocolates, etc, and the room decorations were lovely. We loved having our Christmas tree all lit up in the room, and being able to see the top of the park Christmas tree from our window. (We were in a standard room in a turret, with a view over Main Street Station, so it was absolutely magical to watch the train steaming into the station before the park opened each morning.)
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake

thanks elodie. your room sounds lovely. i was looking at the davy crockett ranch so we wouldnt have any such views from our room but on the plus side the christmas theming is much cheaper! only £82 but a bit more basic than the other packages ive seen. such a shame there aren't more photos around.

i think im going to book. just fussing about on dates...
Old 9 May 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsCupcake View Post
thanks elodie. your room sounds lovely. i was looking at the davy crockett ranch so we wouldnt have any such views from our room but on the plus side the christmas theming is much cheaper! only £82 but a bit more basic than the other packages ive seen. such a shame there aren't more photos around.

i think im going to book. just fussing about on dates...
Oops, sorry, I did know that you were booking Davy Crockett, but I got carried away with the happy memories! It was honestly my favourite holiday in my entire life and I’m sure you’ll love it. At that price, assuming you must still get the decorations and gifts, I’d jump at the Christmas room option - I bet it will make the DC rooms so cosy and welcoming after a crisp winter day in the parks! Perfect Christmas!
Old 9 May 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bigplan415
Getting Excited

Hi MrsCupcake, and thanks for sharing your experience Elodie. Just thought I'd join in here to say we're booked for 19th-22nd Dec at Newport Bay. I booked back in January on 25% off and free half board offer - 2 adults, 1 teen (so adult price) and 1 child for around £1200 after cashback, now waiting for Eurostar to be released for our dates. I'm so excited to be there for Christmas decorations and parades, and it's good to know it may not be mad busy on our days. This is also a Disney fix for us between Florida trips, we went in 2015 and 2017 but now waiting for 2021. We have only been once to DLP, back in Feb 2014.
bigplan415 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We booked for 27th-30th December and am thinking we made a mistake! Mind you we don’t finish work until Xmas eve and wanted to be at home for Xmas day this year so Boxing Day was the earliest we could have flown out anyway. I guess we will just have to make the most of it and it’s better than sitting at home watching rubbish Xmas telly!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List