Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Jul 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Airport hotel or early start?

If you have a morning flight, what do you do?

We have always stayed over at one of the Manchester airport hotels the night before (Raddison Blu for preference) We have done the package with 2 weeks car parking.
We live 90 minutes from the airport. This time our flight is a bit later, 11.55 so feasibly we could just get up and go there in time for the 9 am check in.
As we are a family made up of 3 groups, I am wondering about getting a mini bus to pick us up and drop us at the airport, and pick us up at the end of the holiday. This would cost more than paying for parking 2 cars, but less than 3 rooms and parking for 2 cars at the airport.
There is something nice about staying the night before I know, plus no worries about traffic hold ups. We fly on a Sunday though so hopefully that is less of a worry.
The cost of flights next April are horrendous, so I am trying to maybe save a little where we can, particularly for the others who have kids.
No one having to drive home after an overnight flight is a big bonus to my mind too.

Edited at 08:52 PM.
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

can you get the train to the airport?
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

With three families Is probably do the mini bus but also the hotel. Swap parking costs for mini bus costs. We also live 90 minutes away from Manchester but having nearly had a 2 week trip ruined by the M6 once I’m never risking it again. Why not choose a cheaper nearby hotel?
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Hotel everytime, when you look at the cost of the overall holiday, you don’t want to be sitting on the M6 watching your flight going over while you are stuck in traffic.
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Hotel every time for us too as I can't be doing with the stress and worry of getting caught behind a traffic incident. We consider that night the start of our holiday too

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I couldn’t risk the journey on the day! Always book a hotel.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Always a hotel for us too. Couldn’t you try booking a cheaper place, premier inn/travel lodge maybe ?
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

I only live 30 mins away from Manchester airport. Have always just got up and gone. This year flying at 9.55 did a similar flight recently to cyprus and the kids were shattered with the early get up, suitcases were forgotton by DH and it caused no end of stress. So this time for the first time ever we've booked the hotel before and I'm really looking forward to it - check in the night before, kids can sleep a bit longer, less stress. Can tell you at the end of holiday if I think it was worth it!
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisatink
Getting Excited

Mobile

I'm not sure why but I love the hotel the night before as much as I do going on holiday.
Lisatink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellegirl8
Earning More Ears

Hotel, we’ve missed flights before and I now always go the night before. Premier inn at Manchester is fine and cheap and saves on stress.
Bellegirl8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List