Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Jul 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucydog
Getting to know the DIBB

Which universal hotel? RPR or Hard Rock?

We’re intending to book a 1 night stay at either RPR or Hard Rock this Sep for myself, husband and 7 year old twins, to take advantage of the folp’s and as a wee treat!
We have never stayed at either of these hotels before and was wondering which of them you could suggest would be best for us with kids of this age?
I’m really undecided between the two, I wonder if the kids would prefer the pool at RPR, but I like the look of the Hard Rock!
I’m intending on using Tesco vouchers to pay so cost isn’t so much of a concern and quite like the idea of club rooms too? Are these worth it?
Thanks for any advice. X
Lucydog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

I've stayed at both, and the only difference to me is the size of the club room - much bigger at RPR. We struggled to get a seat at HRH, however, it is a spectacular hotel. Club is definitely worth it - try and get there early to take advantage of breakfast on the first day (therefore getting 2 breakfasts), and to pick up drinks etc. from the Club Lounge. So check in, get your Express passes and access to the Club Lounge, leave your bags with bell services and go to the parks. Not much on at lunchtime, but the evening meal with drinks is nice. RPR will be cheaper, especially going through the Tesco site, so worth having a look what the difference in price is. I'm booking for our trip in October - looking likely to be RPR again for us.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018

Edited at 06:14 PM.
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have 7-year-old twins too. We’ve stayed at RPR and whilst it was beautiful & a little cheaper, the theming was wasted on them. They are really looking forward to HRH next August and the underwater speakers in the pool are, apparently, the thing they’re most looking forward to! We’ve also used Tesco Clubcard vouchers for the last two bookings 👍
Old 10 Jul 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
robot1000
Getting Excited

Mobile

I've read reports that you can pool hop between the Loew hotels, so just keep that in mind.
robot1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

I'd go with the one that speaks to you theme wise. I'm the opposite to you, Hard Rock does nothing for me compared to RPR - it's a personal thing. I'd say trust your gut - can't go wrong with any of the 3 EP Universal hotels really.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

Check if you can still use the Tesco vouchers. The hotels.com voucher is no longer valid in loads of hotels. I checked a couple of days ago after reading a report on The Dibb, and I couldn't see the Tesco Clubcard sign on any of the Universal hotels, apart from Cabana Bay. I may be wrong, as I was looking merely out of interest, and so maybe missed something.
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dizzy1 View Post
Check if you can still use the Tesco vouchers. The hotels.com voucher is no longer valid in loads of hotels. I checked a couple of days ago after reading a report on The Dibb, and I couldn't see the Tesco Clubcard sign on any of the Universal hotels, apart from Cabana Bay. I may be wrong, as I was looking merely out of interest, and so maybe missed something.
You can still use the vouchers in the discount code box.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
You can still use the vouchers in the discount code box.
Glad to hear it
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Both great. We prefer RPR and it is cheaper so would choose that one personally.

Rooms very similar. Personally I prefer the theme at RPR and the pool but that is a personal choice.

Choose the one your family prefers the sound of - you cannot go wrong as both are excellent.

(Just to throw a spanner in the works - have you considered Portofino Bay? Best of the 3 hotels in terms of rooms, pools and theme in my view and that of my children)
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 04:47 AM  
Link to this Post
leapy
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Go with whichever is cheapest we stayed a night in each this week. Personally we prefer royal Pacific felt the rooms were less dated
leapy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List