Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Jul 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
pocketaces
Earning My Ears

How much $$$$$

Hello ,

So maybe been asked a few times , we are two families of 4 leaving in a couple of weeks , how much would a normal family spend on food , snacks and drinks for 14 days.

We are staying 4 nights in the Hard Rock and the other 10 nights at a villa. We are going to the following parks : -

ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE
VOLCANO BAY
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS
MAGIC KINGDOM
DISCOVERY COVE
SEA WORLD
KENNEDY SPACE CENTER
AQUATICA
ANIMAL KINGDOM

Its already the most expensive holiday we have had as a family.

We were looking to go to the following restaurants based on friends recommendations :-

Town Tavern - Celebration
Olive Garden
Logan’s Roadhouse
Outback Steakhouse
Manny’s Chophouse
Bahamas Breeze
Maggianos
Cowfish

I need to know how much to bring for food alone, I have made my own calculations but want to check these.

many thanks for all replies, it would be a great help !
pocketaces is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

We're budgeting an average of $200 per day for 2ad/2ch.

Estimated around $150 for meals and $50 for snacks/drinks. Some days more, some days less.
Old 16 Jul 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

At USF u can buy the meal plan at $30pp. Inc mug
That ll make life easier to budget.
Id say 50-80$ depending om if u want full meals or snacks (pp per day)
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

I would say $200 a day per family depending if you are planning to eat at all in the Villa while you are there or eating out every night and if you will be eating in the parks. You could quiet easily spend $70 in the parks for lunch.

Also remember that if you are a table of 8 some restaurants will add a service charge.

Edited at 02:28 PM.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are a "mature" couple staying in a villa every time and haven't been to any park since 2010.

We have breakfast out maybe 80% of the time, lunch just a snack in the villa and dinner out 95% of the time.

Breakfast for two at the likes of Bob Evans, IHOP and Cracker Barrell around $25. Dinner at similar places to your list price wise such as Longhorn, Carrabba's, Texas and Bonefish around $50 for two. So after adding tips a typical dining cost for us is nearly $100 a day.

We always use cash for restaurants, petrol and minor supermarket shopping. We take $100 a day out of the safe and return what's left to a kitty which we use for bigger shopping

Mick
Old 16 Jul 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

There are 4 of us, essentially all adults, staying in a villa and visiting parks most days. I’m budgeting for £200 per day, eating out for two meals per day with the other one, probably breakfast, in the villa with stuff bought in from the supermarket.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 02:58 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d also say $200 a day. Some days will be much more expensive- such as when you’re on site at HR - and other days you may only eat in the villa.

Do a big shop at Aldi or Walmart. Stock up on water & snacks to take to park & a cooler to leave in the car (some people even make lunches to take in but we can never be bothered).
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We had a set budget for our villa stay per day based on what we were doing e.g on a day where we did a character meal I’d budget $250 for us (2 adults 1 child) a normal day at parks $180 per day and something like discovery cove where it’s all in $100.

We ate like kings every day and I budgeted far too much. I separated the daily food/drink budget in to 14 envelopes which would be added to the purse each day. By day 5 we had enough overage just from the food budget to buy $300 of souvenirs in Magic Kingdom.

I wrote a trip report which you can find by searching my username which detailed what we ate and drank and the cost.
I would add The Cheesecake Factory to your restaurant list and Giordanos deep dish pizza either as a takeaway to the villa or eating in.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List