Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Sep 13, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessyka1990
Apprentice Imagineer

Can someone please tell me...

A cheap way to do dlp?

Without a car, and we live in birmingham (if that helps)

Also dont mind just doing 1 night as long as i get full days
Jessyka1990 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 13, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Who is in your group? Can't advise properly without that.

February and March are generally cheap,
Book transport separately, not in DLP package. If you book before end of September 40% off with DLP, on phone 15% deposit (pay in full if you book online).

Depending on no people and ages I would guess train to London (cheap early booker) then Eurostar to DLP (£69 return for adult and £49 for children if you book early). Cheap flights are possible but you still have transfer to DLP so Eurostar can be cheaper.

I would stay onsite in Cheyenne or Santa Fe, but 1nt/2days seems expensive. If you do only do 1nt then onsite is a must for EMH. It's possible to shave a little off by staying offsite but once you've added park tickets in and lost EMH I don't think it's worth it.

Whatever you do avoid weekends and French school holidays any time of year.

Edited at 09:14 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 13, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessyka1990
Apprentice Imagineer

Just 2 of us and was thinking a last minute trip in 3 wks time
Jessyka1990 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 13, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Hmmm - you may pay a lot for travel booking this late. Certainly direct Eurostar will be mega bucks. You might be able to get indirect trains changing at Lille though.

Can you go during the week? Avoid weekends if possible. It's the fifth most visited park in the world currently, and on a weekend it feels like it!

Onsite is best if you can. Look for deals on DLP website, but book transport separately.

One night isn't long enough really. You need 2 days for Disneyland Park and one for Studios to do it justice. Also, one night onsite is expensive. The deals kick in at 2 nights (often 2 nights free with 2 nights).

Having said all that - we are breaking all those rules on our next trip.

We are catching a 6.15 am Eurostar to Gare du Nord (long story, definitely NOT advised - the Marne-la-Vallee train is much easier, even with changing at Lille). Then dashing across to Val d'Europe and checking in to Hotel L'Elysee. Then it's one stop to Marne-la-Vallee, five minute journey.

Two day two-park ticket boughts from CE Multi-Avantages website. Bargain of the century at 59 Euros each (until end Sep).

Hotel l'Elysee is £70 a night without breakfast.

On Sunday afternoon, back over to Gare du Nord for the 8.30 pm train.

Cost of Eurostar £69 each
Cost of hotel £70
Cost of park tickets 59 Euros each

Hope that helps.

Edited at 11:00 PM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 13, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sasprilla
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi, definitely weigh up Eurostar v Flying. Only that I live in Liverpool & realistically means a hotel the night before & after (couldn't be bothered with the hassle), it was the same price getting the Eurostar with the extra hotels as flying for this Oct half term.

With flying you have to add on the luggage & transfers.

I stay off site as usually this is cheaper for us as we get annual passes. But an onsite hotel/ticket combo may be cheaper.

We stay in Val D'Europe and you can get rooms from about £41 per night. Check Trivago (I search under Serris).

If I'm only doing a couple of nights I try & get a 6.30ish flight so by time I've checked into hotel I'm in the parks by lunchtime. Departing, I get the latest flight so to stay in the park as long as possible.

I take sandwiches into the park that I either buy from Val 'Europe train station or Marne la Vallee. That way you can picnic where you find somewhere to sit or eat in a queue to save having to waste time getting a sit down lunch. Then if its an earlish closing of the park, go for our sit down meal. Or if money is really tight, we get take out pizza from the restaurant opposite Val D'Europe train station.

When going for longer I put cereal, crisps in the suitcase. Buy drinks from the supermarket at Val D'Europe to take in every day
sasprilla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 13, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post

From Birmingham you shouldn't need a hotel in London the night before the Eurostar, there are plenty of trains to London so you should be able to leave home in the morning, get a train to London and then a Eurostar to DLP, but as Gill says, if you want to go in 3wks you are going to pay a fortune for the Eurostar, I would delay it until November at least, and try to go for at least 2nights (using the 40% off offer at the moment rather than the 2nights/2days free offer as if only 2 of you, you don't really need 5days in the parks, and you would need more spending money. So 2nts/3days onsite in a 2key hotel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 13, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread