Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 2 Dec 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by irnjaw View Post
I ended up just buying 4 14 day passes from Orlando Attraction Tickets (OAT). I suppose I could upgrade one at guest services if I fancied it?
Thats what we did the last time we did an upgrade and it worked out a great value
Old 2 Dec 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Good to know, thanks. You don't by any chance remember how much it was to upgrade?
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Good to know, thanks. You don't by any chance remember how much it was to upgrade?
So we didn't do the one with the parking we just did the AP because we knew we were going twice in the year but second trip was likely to be 1 or 2 days and first we were staying at one of the resort hotels so had to pay for parking their either way. I however posted the info on here afterwards so could find it for you

$60 to upgrade to the Seasonal Pass - which is what we did but doesn't include parking
$100 to the 50% off parking
$154 to the free parking

This was in September 2018 so there are likely to have been a few price rises since then on both sides but at least gives you some idea. We ended up only using twice the next year so definitely wouldn't have saved with the free parking one but saved with the upgrade as we also then got discounts and the extra 2 days.
Old 3 Dec 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks very much, really useful info. I'm going to wait to see what the parking fees are next year when we arrive (WHEN, fingers crossed) then work out how many times were likely to visit to see how it will work out
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Thanks very much, really useful info. I'm going to wait to see what the parking fees are next year when we arrive (WHEN, fingers crossed) then work out how many times were likely to visit to see how it will work out
If I remember right (don't quote me mind) if we had gone to the one with parking we couldn't claim back the first parking i.e. the one when you arrive and activate the pass even if we had purchased the AP in advance rather than just upgrading. I remember this as thought it was strange because Disney allow you to have the parking fee back as a gift card to use in the parks. As said though I might be wrong. Just means that even if you do just wait and upgrade when there you wouldn't have lost out anyway as would still have had to have paid that initial parking fee for going.
Old 3 Dec 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i think if you park after 6pm it is free parking (well used to be) activate your passes then the next time parking will be free
Old 3 Dec 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
i think if you park after 6pm it is free parking (well used to be) activate your passes then the next time parking will be free
Yes, I'm sure this is what we did
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Brilliant idea! I'll look into the parking fees after 6pm closer to the time.

I love this group, fountains of knowledge!

Is the guest services in City Walk or is it just where you'd buy gate tickets? I was last at Universal in 2013 and was completely new to the whole thing so didn't learn anything at all.
Old 4 Dec 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Brilliant idea! I'll look into the parking fees after 6pm closer to the time.

I love this group, fountains of knowledge!

Is the guest services in City Walk or is it just where you'd buy gate tickets? I was last at Universal in 2013 and was completely new to the whole thing so didn't learn anything at all.
I used the one in our hotel but I believe you have to go to the one by the gates. Hopefully someone else can confirm