Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jul 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Vsfan1
Earning More Ears

Mobile Disney Hong Kong

So looking for some advise we currently have a trip booked to Florida in September which is now highly unlikely to happen and looking at alternatives.

I’ve never been Hong Kong or Disney Hong Kong. What it like? Am I silly to plan to go September time?

Also what are the rides like? Are they as “Pooh sized” friendly as Florida?
Vsfan1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We love HK we’ve done Disney once had a great time but would we go
To HK right now with the current political climate no way
We had looked at antrip back due to Florida situation but we won’t be
now for the foreseeable future
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

At the moment you can’t enter HK. Even if you could, there is a 14 day strictly enforced quarantine until at least 18/9.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
hollysmum
Excited about Disney

We went to HK last year and it was amazing. The park is small but brilliant, the staff are friendly and give out stickers which is fun. I love the Antman ride and Mystic Manor is just fab. When we went last year the news was raving about the riots, we went onto HK mainland and saw none of it. I think if you are careful you will have a great time.
hollysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Vsfan1
Earning More Ears

yes understand all your views and its something were just considering at the moment, we saw it as a country on the list that you could travel to but saw quarantine rule and hoping that in the next few weeks this will be lifted.

I completely understand the political stuff going on but like other posters have said there's been riots and things going off which wouldn't put me off going as would try and stay away from it all.

It is a case now of waiting as Florida will inevitably get cancelled and just weighing up our options and wondered what HK was like if quarantine is lifted and what the rides are like size wise?
Vsfan1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

We did Hong Kong and spent a day at HK Disney back in 2011 (almost 9 years ago). When we went it was a lot smaller than WDW and there were many differences between the parks in cultural approaches.

From my vague memories:
1. The train from central HK to the parks was great, full of hidden mickeys and well themed.
2. Lots of queuing to get in and a lack of personal space
3. Queue jumping was common
4. Themed towards the Chinese market rather than the international market
5. The hotels seemed to be a copy of the WDW ones - I remember the one that looked like the Grand Floridian
6. Heavy rain and nowhere to escape it - shoes were still drying off on the flight back the next day
7. No postcards!

I don't remember the cast members there being anything special, but that was 9 years ago. If you are in the area anyway it is worth a visit.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Another option possibly - Tokyo Disney?
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a HK trip report in my signature including a day at Disney. My son is a student there so has lived through the riots. I also visited at the height of the issues. I hope to go back (he is due back in September) but it depends when the quarantine is over plus they allow non residents in (currently they don’t and with an upsurge in locally transmitted cases these last few days I am not sure they will any time soon. Rumors say it will be 2021.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We sent to HK Disney a couple of years ago and loved it. We went on a Sunday so the trains were quite, the special Disney line was great. The Park wasn’t as crowded as Florida and reminded us of ‘old School’ Disney. Easy to wander around and it was familiar but different. Some rides were similar but with unexpected parts eg the Lion King show was much more dramatic. Mystic Manor was good. As we were both over 65 the tickets were ridiculously cheap and we bought them on line before we went. Hope you get there soon
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List