Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Dec 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Would you have a wart removed?

I have a viral wart on my knee. The doctor said they don’t remove them anymore and I would have to have it done privately. He also said they come off on their own but it may take a few years. The last time I had one was 33 years ago when I was pregnant with my oldest and it did indeed fall off on its own. I’m tempted to just leave it. Most of my clothes will cover it (I rarely wear skirts that sit above the knee these days!). I’m glad it’s been confirmed as a wart as I was getting a bit worried (it kept changing shape and colour). I’m not sure what to do or even how much it would cost.
Old 1 Dec 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
I have a viral wart on my knee. The doctor said they don’t remove them anymore and I would have to have it done privately. He also said they come off on their own but it may take a few years. The last time I had one was 33 years ago when I was pregnant with my oldest and it did indeed fall off on its own. I’m tempted to just leave it. Most of my clothes will cover it (I rarely wear skirts that sit above the knee these days!). I’m glad it’s been confirmed as a wart as I was getting a bit worried (it kept changing shape and colour). I’m not sure what to do or even how much it would cost.
You could give one of the over the counter treatments a go ?
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

The doctor said they won’t work because it’s a viral wart. I’d been trying Bazuka and if anything, it made it worse.
Old 1 Dec 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

My poor husband had about 5 or 6 on one of his hands. He was an art teacher and was extremely self conscious about them when demonstrating techniques to his class. After putting up with them for about two years, he basically irritated the largest one with every home treatment possible. It seemed this triggered some kind of response in his immune system and within a month, they’d all gone. 👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
My poor husband had about 5 or 6 on one of his hands. He was an art teacher and was extremely self conscious about them when demonstrating techniques to his class. After putting up with them for about two years, he basically irritated the largest one with every home treatment possible. It seemed this triggered some kind of response in his immune system and within a month, they’d all gone. 👍🏻
I’m pretty sure I’d get it removed if it were visible. I guess they can make you feel really self conscious. I’m just not sure if it’s worth it for one that isn’t seen. With no plans for Florida any time soon, I’ll not be getting the shorts out!
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Have you tried duct tape?
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Have you tried duct tape?
I thought you were joking! Had to google that, and it is a thing! Every days a learning day
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I believe it starves the wart of oxygen until it falls off.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

I'm not suggesting that you try this, but when I had over 100 verrucas on my feet, which are a type of wart, I poked at them with a needle, you have to go through the wart and into the skin. It kick started my immune system and within a week they had all gone. It almost felt as if they disappeared over night.

I had had them for months and months, I had been to see a nurse about them because it was starting to hurt to walk, but she just said "ooh, they are a nuisance aren't they, but we can't do anything about them". I got them from the local Total Fitness swimming pool.

I'm not telling you to try it, but it worked for me. I read on the internet about poking them, because they are essentially on the outside of your body, your immune system doesn't recognise them until you aggravate them.

You could infect it though, maybe I just got lucky. It is annoying though when the GP tells you they can't do anything for you.
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

I had lots of small ones on my hands as a child , I just ignored them and eventually they went away never to return.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List