Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Dec 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I feed raw so can’t help on a food front, Forthglade is a really good natural food and scores well on a nutritional front.

All I’d say is to check the website mentioned above so you can check the nutritional content. A lot of the more well known brands score terribly on nutrition...
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

So sorry to hear Myrtle isnt doing so good. I would have suggested the rice and chicken but seems you already tried this. They are such complex characters arent they. Defintely stay off the raw food, friends of our recently lost a faw fed 2 year old with ecoli from this.
Our Zero is just so fussy, we have been through more or less all the different brands, and a few online ones. We now do him chicken or minced beef and vegetable dinners, luckily DH is retired so has lots of time to cook for him! He doesnt have upset tummy at all now. So he is a happy pup!
Old 2 Dec 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hideinpockets View Post
I feed raw so can’t help on a food front, Forthglade is a really good natural food and scores well on a nutritional front.

All I’d say is to check the website mentioned above so you can check the nutritional content. A lot of the more well known brands score terribly on nutrition...
She is having Forthglade and she loves it, Nala prefers it than human food. I am keeping on with this, it looks fab and she is good on it. Just wanted a few more options. Thank you for replying. x

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
So sorry to hear Myrtle isnt doing so good. I would have suggested the rice and chicken but seems you already tried this. They are such complex characters arent they. Defintely stay off the raw food, friends of our recently lost a faw fed 2 year old with ecoli from this.
Our Zero is just so fussy, we have been through more or less all the different brands, and a few online ones. We now do him chicken or minced beef and vegetable dinners, luckily DH is retired so has lots of time to cook for him! He doesnt have upset tummy at all now. So he is a happy pup!
I would never use Raw Food, thanks for caring. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

My cocker isn’t older but I’ve always given her a part fish diet (she particularly like the fishmongers range of wet food which says it’s good for sensitive tummy’s).

It smells and has the texture of fish pate - my DH hates fish so doesn’t like feeding it to her, so I tend to give it to her when he’s at work! Lol!

Sending you and myrtle lots of love x
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

We changed our boys about a year ago onto Arden Grange Sensitive as one of them was having really problems with dry skin on his tummy. My daughter is a vet student and she came up with this one out of all the dry foods (there is no way she would let them have raw) as it is really high in nutrition but also fish based. His issues cleared up almost immediately and they love it. They also do it in a wet food which they have as a treat now and again. This must be delicious (although it stinks!&#128514 as they go mental as soon as they see the can. Hope she is ok x

Edited at 07:05 AM.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

We have a 12 year old Westie. Due to her having allergies we fed her on chicken breast, sardines, tuna and grain free hypoallergenic biscuits.

However she was diagnosed as diabetic in August and the vet said she needed to be on a proper dog food and recommended good old Chappie which we thought would be bad for her and she would turn her nose up. Low and behold she is thriving on it! No signs of her upset stomach she used to get every month at least, no skin flair ups (touch wood) and no refusing her meals like she used to! She is so excited to eat each meal!
Old 7 Dec 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tre85 View Post
We have a 12 year old Westie. Due to her having allergies we fed her on chicken breast, sardines, tuna and grain free hypoallergenic biscuits.

However she was diagnosed as diabetic in August and the vet said she needed to be on a proper dog food and recommended good old Chappie which we thought would be bad for her and she would turn her nose up. Low and behold she is thriving on it! No signs of her upset stomach she used to get every month at least, no skin flair ups (touch wood) and no refusing her meals like she used to! She is so excited to eat each meal!
Our old vet always recommended chappie as its mainly fish and digestible. I think my Mr. Douglas didn't get on with it so well but all our others did.

Myrtle is slowly losing her appetite now, last night she was sick a couple of times but I think that was our fault.
When she fully stops eating, we will no it is time.

Its heart breaking at the moment, watching my once nutty little girl in decline.
x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List